Chapter Fourteen

IT was finally Christmas Day. The famous Weasley clock struck two in the morning, chiming twice. Hermione wasn't the slightest bit tired. There was too much going on in her mind for her to sleep. So she decided to go outside for a bit and since it was risky being alone, considering the circumstances, Hermione was smart enough to bring her wand. Just in case.

Sitting outside in a wooden bench on the front porch, wrapped in a thin green sheet, Hermione sighed to herself. The porch light was dim but the wide acres that the Weasley owned was lit up by the moonlight. Stars painted the thick, black darkness of the sky. Some stars would even twinkle. The crickets were loud tonight, playing their usually symphony of loud chirps and cheeps. Fireflies lit up the ground in a light green hue.

Leaning into the bench, Hermione pulled her legs up to her chest. She wondered if Ron would like the Christmas gift she got him. It was a Chuddley Cannon sweat shirt. For as long as Hermione has known Ron all he talked about was how much he loved the Chuddley Cannon and that they were his all time favorite Quidditch team. She spent all summer saving for it and it cost her a boat of galleons since the shirt was signed by all the CC players. Hermione didn't care, though. Not one bit did she care. But now she was worried. What if he didn't get her anything? They never got presents for each other before and Ron never mentioned about getting her a present all year long. She didn't want to be the only one giving a present to him and looking completely silly. Hermione was too smart to look silly in front of the man she loves.

Shivering a bit from the cold, Hermione pulled the thin sheet tighter around herself. Everything was covered thick with snow, the air cool and crisp.

I should have brought a better blanket. Hermione thought to herself.

A noise from behind made Hermione jump, causing her to whip out her wand. She quickly pointed at the direction of the noise but soon lowered it when she saw a freckled, red-haired guy standing in front of her. It was Ron.

Ron was wearing his usual maroon, striped pajama pants and a black tank. He wore a matching maroon robe that tied loosely at the waist. In one hand Ron held a huge thick, white blanket and in the other he held to small mugs of hot tea. Hermione's heart leaped in her chest. He always knew just what to do to make her feel better.

Ron looked down at her with his lazy, crooked half smile that always made Hermione melt inside. Hermione smiled back at him. Ron looked absolutely handsome tonight. With his ruffled up bed hair that made him look ten times sexier. His deep sea blue eyes sparkled like the stars above. Quidditch has definitely been treating Ron very well because even in the dim light Hermione could see the visible outlines of his muscled chest and abdomen. The millions of freckled danced around on his gorgeous face. All he was missing was a book dangling from his perfect teeth.

Hermione always looked beautiful to Ron, for some reason, however, she appeared irresistibly stunning tonight. The way the moonlight shined on her face, making her glow more than usual. Her brown hair was bushier than normal because she had been laying down but that was just the way Ron loved it. He loved her bushy brown hair. He loved her big brown eyes and her cute button nose that he always struggled not to just grab her face and kiss it, which he wanted to do right now but that was impossible since he was carrying two hot mugs and a blanket.

Without saying a word Ron placed both of the mugs down on the outside table that was perched next to the bench before he sat down next to Hermione. Before Hermione knew what was happening, Ron reaches over and grabs her by the waist, effortlessly lifting her up onto his lap. Ron, then, positioned himself where he was laying on his back and Hermione was wedged between his legs. Wrapping his legs around her own, Ron pulled their bodies closer together as he covered them both with the white blanket. Once they were both covered and comfortable, Ron grabbed both of the mugs, handing Hermione hers.