Chapter Twenty-Two

I can't believe Hermione ditched me to lock lips with my annoying brother! Ginny thought to herself. She had slipped on her dress for the wedding and needed someone to zip up the back for her, but since Hermione was busy helping Molly with the last-minute tidying, she had to do it herself. There was no way she would ask Fleur for help of any kind.

Looking in the mirror, Ginny reached down her back and tried to grab the zipper. The flap was just far enough out of away where she couldn't reach it. This frustrated Ginny. Huffing out in annoyance, Ginny tried again to reach the zipper. In every possible angle she could think of, Ginny had stretched her arm as far as it could to reach the blasted zipper but nothing worked.

"This is absolutely ridiculous!" Ginny hissed to herself.

Hermione is still probably helping Molly and, again, Fleur was simply out of the question. She would rather get hexed than to receive help from Phlegm. Without another word, she marched out of the room, through the long hallway, and down the many steps that lead to the main floor. Ginny decided it'd be best to just ask one of her brothers. Once she landed on the first floor, she walked into the living room searching for a red-headed bloke. No one was to be seen.

Is there anyone in this damn house?!

Ginny was getting more irritated by the second. All she wanted to do was zip of her dress, get this stupid wedding over with so that she could being doing something that is important. Noises in the kitchen grabbed her attention. Someone must be eating something, and if that's the case then that someone is most likely to be Ron.

Finally. She thought, grateful to hear some signs of life in the house. Ginny turned a corner sharply as she stomped all the way to the kitchen.

"Hey, nimrod, can you zip up my dress-" Ginny stopped herself mid-sentence when she realized the person in the kitchen was not Ron nor any of her brothers. In fact, it was Harry. She smiled to herself. Harry was standing near the sink, mug in hand, staring at the window. He didn't notice her come in.

It's quite funny, ever since they broke up they have been closer than ever. Once mom had convinced them to stay for Bill's wedding, during the time, Harry had refused to act like a couple or show any signs of affection when they were out in public so that Voldemort or any of the Death Eaters wouldn't think they were together. Of course, it had sucked for Ginny a bit. Especially, when girls would just openly flirt with him because they had heard that they had "broken up". How did they find out? Who knows. Word seems to be traveling fast these days. It took all the power in her body to not hex those daft idiots into the next season. But Harry just refused them all and she respected him for that. On the bright side, when they were in doors and had free time for themselves, you couldn't find one room that Harry and Ginny weren't snogging in. Even Ron, who nearly gagged himself to death when he accidentally walked in on an intense snogging session between the two.

Ginny could tell that Harry wanted to be as close as he possibly can with her before he went away. The idea of him not coming back scared them both. It scared Ginny. More than she let on. She always joked to Harry that he better come back or that he didn't have a choice but to come back, but the idea of him not coming back to her. That maybe, just maybe, Harry would die trying to save this world; the thought haunted her. She would never let Harry know, though. Ginny needed to be strong for him, for both of them.

"Zip me up, will you?" Ginny turned around so that her back was facing him.

At the sound of her voice, Harry turned around. He smiled a bit as he walked over to where she was standing. Without saying a word, Harry reached for the zipper of her dress and slowly, very slowly, began to zip it up.

"Silly thing to have a wedding considering the circumstances," Ginny spoke after a minute. Harry was still zipping up her dress.

"Maybe that's the reason to have a wedding, because of the circumstances," Harry zipped her dress halfway up.

It got quiet for a moment and Ginny sighed.

"I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some Veela when you're off doing what you're doing."

Harry lightly chuckled. "I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest." He had finally zipped up the dress completely.

Ginny smiled. "That's what I like to hear."

Without warning, Ginny turned around and smashed her lips against his. Instantly Harry snaked his arms around her waist as Ginny's hands cradled his neck. Their kisses were hungry and filled with passion. This kiss was different from their kisses in the past. This kiss had a different meaning behind. This was their kiss goodbye. They both knew that after tonight, Harry would be leaving. Leaving her was the hardest thing Harry would have to do. Even though he desperately wanted her to come with him. It would be selfish of him to risk her life just because of his feelings. Harry kissed her back with such force and passion that could last a lifetime. He wanted to remember this feeling, her lips on his, for it would be the only thing that would get him through this journey.

Both Ginny and Harry were so caught up in the moment that they didn't hear George come into the kitchen. Grabbing a mug from the cupboard, he poured himself some tea. George nearly choked when he saw the pair. Without saying a word, he just leaned against the counter, sipping his tea, waiting for them to noticed him.

Eventually Ginny opened her eyes and saw her brother standing in the background. She pulled away from Harry and gasped, embarrassed. This caused Harry to turn around and then he turned bright red when he saw a smirking George. Ginny was just as red as he was.

"Mooooorning," George dragged out the word as he said it.

"I'll go see if Hermione needs help." With that said, Ginny left the room.

Harry just told there, mortified at the fact George caught them intensely making out. When George lifted up his mug, like he was giving a toast, and winked at Harry as he raised his brows only made things worse for Harry so, too, left the room without another word.

George just shrugged to himself and continued to sip his tea.

get to?&qBƞ�H~4

Nothing to do with Romione, I know, but I just love this scene so much so why not!! Hope you enjoyed that!

Until next time!

~Sarah