Chapter Twenty

||RON||

"COME on Harry, the wedding is in a few hours and Fleur wants us to be there to help with the tent," I rush Harry for the third time.

It's been nearly three months since McGonagall scared the crap out of us on the train and set our mission in motion. The three of us had apparated back to the Burrow to get some supplies for the trip, but the minute mum found out what we were setting out to do, she threw a gigantic tantrum and refused us to go.

'But you are only seventeen years old, for heaven-sake! Harry sixteen! Mere children! Dumbledore can't honestly send children to do this sort of work!' She had bellowed about five times that day.

Hermione and I were pretty much set on going with Harry. There was no way in this entire bloody planet was I going to let my best mate go off and fight the greatest Dark Wizard to ever live on his own. Besides a road trip with my girl...sounds kind of romantic now that I think about it. In a our-lives-will-be-in-constant-danger-and-will-get-to-kick-major-dark-lord-arse kind of way. Because, you know, nothing says take me now like slaughtering a few death eaters.

Did mum agree? Of course not. Could she stop us? No, and she knew that's, but she did manage to come up with a way for us to delay the trip a bit. Bill was getting married and the wedding was coming up. There was no way we were missing that and, knowing that we wouldn't refuse to attend my own family's wedding, mother took the opportunity by the horns.

The wedding was three months away at the time, and now three months had gone by and the day has finally come. It was a hectic day, to say the least. Fleur was full on bridezilla, according to Hermione and Ginny. If it wasn't true, though, I would have said that their deep hatred for Fleur was causing them to exaggerate. It was, however, the truth. Fleur was an absolute witch on her wedding day and the good kind. She ordered everything and everyone like a crazy dictator conquering the world. Everything had to be done her way or you would be fired. If you made a mistake instead of just changing it, or fixing the little error, you would have to redo the project all over again from the beginning. I was super thankful that the girls had to deal with the stuff inside and closer to bride while the guys handled the outside duties, which is why I started to panic when Harry decided that he wanted to take over an hour to put on a bloody dress robe.

"Ron, don't rush me," Harry snaps. He was standing in the mirror, starring at himself. I know going to this wedding when he could be hunting for Horcruxes was absolutely killing him, considering that all he really wanted to do was avenge Dumbledore and destroy Voldemort. I also know that he thinks the longer he hangs around us, the more danger he is putting us all in. I know that this is really hard on him, I get it, but seriously? Can he put a spring in his step?

"Honestly! What is taking you two bone heads so long?" I hear Fred speak through the door. "We need your help now. Fleur is going ballistic!"

"We're coming!" I shout, glaring at Harry. He can't see me but I hope I'm burning a hole in his head. I sit down on the bed and place my head in my hands. I swear if Harry doesn't move I am going to kill the boy who lived.

"Go on without me. I'll meet you in a bit," He orders me.

"But-"

"Don't argue, just go! Fleur is going to kill you if you don't." He cuts me off. I stand up, throwing my heads in surrender.

"Fine! But if she gets mad because we do not get things done in time for the ceremony, I am blaming you!" I exclaim, walking towards to the door. Harry just chuckles as I leave the room. Bloody git.