Chapter Four

||RON||

I stare up at the ceiling, fingers silently drumming on my stomach. My mind kept replying what happened yesterday.

Idiot.

Why did I go and try to kiss Hermione? That was stupid of me. She probably was disgusted with the very idea of it.

I bow out a puff of air. That was a stupid mistake. I just couldn't help myself. It's Hermione's fault, really. If she wasn't so gorgeous all the damn time then I wouldn't want to slam her up against the wall and kiss all the oxygen out of her entire body.

My eyes roll at my thoughts.

You're being a bit dramatic, Ronald.

"Ron?"

I turn my head to the right to see Harry standing in the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Breakfast is being served...you coming down?" He raises in brows.

"Yeah, you can go on ahead without me. I'll meet you there."

Harry nods before leaving the room. I finally drag myself out of bed and slip into some clothes before marching myself down the steps. Once I entered the common room I spot Hermione sitting down on the couch. The place where we almost kissed.

I suck in a deep breath before making my way over there, stopping when I stand a foot or two away from her. She doesn't notice me at first, she's too engrossed in a book, and instead of disturbing her I wait until she notices me. I watch as her eyes rapidly scan the words over the page, her front teeth presses down on her lower lip every so often as if what she's reading is really that interesting. I notice that her hands grip the page right before she flips it over. It's as if she doesn't want the page to end just yet. A soft smile takes over her features and I can't help but be curious as to what she's reading.

Maybe I should start reading books for entertainment.

I blink before silently laughing.

Yeah right!

Hermione places a bookmark in between the pages and closes the book. She looks up and jumps a little when she sees me.

"Oh! Ron, how long have you been standing there?"

I shrug. "Just got here."

Lies.

She nods. "Come sit down." She pats the seat next to her. I swallow hard before slowly descending myself down beside her. We sit in kind of an awkward silence. No one saying a word. What do you say to the person you almost kiss? I pucker my lips before whistling out a low tune and I really want to kick myself for making it even more awkward.

"So..."

Hermione turns to look at me. "How did you sleep?"

How did I sleep? I didn't. I stayed awake most of the night thinking about you.

I shrug. "Pretty good. You?"