Chapter Thirteen

EVERYONE, except Ron, was gathered at the table awaiting the delicious dinner Molly had slaved over all day. With a whisk of her wand, the food settled in the kitchen floated in the air and landed on the dinning table. A few seconds later Molly appeared and settled in her usually seat. Arthur had to work late at the office so he would join the rest of the crew a bit later.

Ron finally walked into the dinning room and took his seat next to Harry, sitting across from Hermione. When he sat down Hermione looked up and smiled at him, flashing her teeth. Ron's heart nearly stopped. Quickly recollecting himself, Ron began to pile food onto his plate.

"Shouldn't dad be home by now?" Ginny asked, scooping a spoonful of carrots into her mouth.

"He got held up at the Ministry and had to do some last minute paperwork. He should be here within the hour," Molly replied.

About thirty minutes later everyone had cleaned off their plates, eagerly awaiting the dessert Molly made to go with the scrumptious dinner.

Without thinking, Ron stretched out his right leg underneath the table, accidentally kicking Hermione right between her legs. Not hard, but just enough to make her jump and squeal in surprise, causing everyone to look at her at once. Except Ron. He was avoiding any eye contact with her. Since she was wearing merely a skirt and stockings she felt more than she wanted to.

"You alright Hermione?" Fred asks, cautiously.

"A bit jumpy all of a sudden?" George chimes in, chuckling.

"Er- I...um," Hermione struggled to find her words. How could she explain this? That Ron accidentally bumped her... her girl area. Hermione looked up, her eyes boring into Ron's. His ears turned bright red. At that she flushed again. "For a moment, thought I felt something crawl up my leg. It looked like a spider so I panicked," She finishes. Ron lets out a tiny sigh of relief but still felt horribly embarrassed.

The twins chuckle at the red-faced pair.

"Explains why Ron's face is red,as well. He absolutely despises spiders," George snickers. Ron rolls his eyes at them while Hermione laughs nervously.

"Speaking of red-faces..." Fred wiggles his red brows up and down at George. "Your face was totally flushed after you read that letter from Angelina!"

Ginny chokes on her food as Harry coughs out his water. Both Hermione and Ron share a stunned expression.

"Angelina Johnson? The girl you took to the Yule Ball," Ron asks, still stunned. George goes to open his mouth to respond but Fred cuts him off.

Fred nodded eagerly. "Well, I want the one who took her to the Yule Ball, but that's not important. Ever since we graduated and opened up our own shop, Angelina has been visiting the place every Saturday for an entire year. Since she lived all the way on the other side of London, I was surprised to see her almost every weekend. I thought she must really like our products since she always made a point to guy something. Then on weekend she asked to see George and I could see the sparkle in her eye! Ever since then, they have been owling each other nonstop," Fred finishes, clearly satisfied with embarrassing his younger brother.

"Is this true?" Ginny bounces up and down in her seat like a little girl.

Clearly this was a shocker to everyone. No one had thought to ever think George would fancy a girl. He's never mentioned of ever liking a girl before. Sure, he did take this one girl to the Yule Ball but no one knew her name and he never spoke of her since then. So everyone assumed that girls wasn't really George's top priority. The news of George fancying a girl was quite exciting.