Chapter Three

( r o n )

HERMIONE was quiet the rest of the train ride and even on the carriage ride to the castle. Not a single word was uttered from her the entire time, besides occasionally probing Ginny about her relationship with Dean but nothing was ever spoken to me. I can't help but wonder if has anything to do with me mentioning that I hugged Katie Bell the same way I hugged her earlier. I don't know that for sure but she sure got quiet after that. It's not like I lied about it, although I may have exaggerated a tad bit. We did hug, but I didn't twirl her around. At least not like I did with Hermione. And it was more of a group hug with Fred and George than just us two. I just hated that Ginny deliberately put me on the spot like that, however, Ginny was right. I don't normally hug people, let alone females. I just couldn't help myself. When I saw Hermione coming running at me with such excitement it her eyes, it filled me with such joy that I couldn't contain it.

We entered the Great Hall together and we all sat down in our usual spots. I looked over at Hermione, who was sitting to my right, and she was staring down at her food, her lashes long and silk over her eyes.

Gosh, she was stunningly beautiful. How was it even possible for someone to be that attractive and not be aware of it? Surely Hermione had to realize the beauty she possessed. With her chocolate eyes and button nose, along with her rosy cheeks. It all drove me mental. Her hair seemed to have gotten even bushier over the summer and that's just the way I liked it.

I noticed a small piece of hair laying over her right eye and it took all my might not to tuck it behind her ear.

I swallowed, deciding it was best to sit on my hands in case they went against me and did something on their own. Ginny noticed this and frowned.

"What's wrong with you?" She furrowed her brows.

I jumped a little, caught off guard. "N-nothing. Just cold."

Ginny shoots me a funny glance before turning her attention on Dumbledore as he began his usual evening speech.

A deep sigh escapes my lips and I turn to look at Hermione. Our eyes end up meeting, my blue ones staring into her brown ones, and she flashes me a soft smile that melts my heart into a puddle of freaking feelings.

Get it together, Ron.

I give her a quick smile in return before averting my eyes to Professor Dumbledore. But it's useless because all my mind can seem to focus on Hermione and how deliciously pink her lips looked.

( h a r r y )

Ron was babbling about something, but truth is I wasn't paying a bit of attention to him. My mind couldn't help wandering back to the short conversation we had during the train ride.

We all know you're dating Dean Thomas. Ron had said earlier today.

Ginny Weasley was an intelligent witch. Probably the most intelligent witch I have ever came a crossed, well, besides Hermione. Ginny always made smart, wise decisions and I have always admired her for that, which is why I was quite surprised that she made the decision to date Dean Thomas. I repeat...Dean Thomas. Now I have known Dean for quite some time. Considering I have shared a dorm with him for the past six years, I'd like to say I know him pretty well. And I also know Ginny very well. With that I mind, I absolutely do not think Dean is a good match for Ginny.

Nope. Not at all.

In fact, I think Ginny deserves someone with a destiny. Someone that has purpose in life. Someone who is, oh I don't know, chosen, perhaps? Just saying.

But in all honesty, I'm just a little surprised that Ginny is dating at all. Even though she's dated once before, and I didn't seem to mind it then. It's quite amusing that I'm even saying this at all because I dated Cho Chang last year. We drifted apart before term ended, though. It was obvious she still wasn't over Cedric's death and who could blame her. I'm still now over it. At least I got to kiss her.