Chapter Twenty-Five

||HARRY||

"What the bloody hell was that?!" I yelled just as another explosion went off nearby.

Suddenly, the entire room is filled death eaters.

My eyes go wide as they wreak havoc amongst the party goers. Flashes of white and black fly in every direction. People are screaming and all I can think about is where the bloody hell is Ginny.

I quickly scanned the room for my girlfriend. Panic begin to take over as I can't seem to locate her. I push through the sea of people, still searching for Ginny. Finally, after what seems like forever, I spot Ginny fighting off a Death Eater. I watch as each wizard casts dozens of spells back and forth. As I walk toward her to give her a hand, someone bumps into me and causes me to fall sideways. I look over in horror as I see Ginny drop her wand, stumbling over something. Her back hits the ground in a loud thud and the nearby Death Eater takes her stumble to his advantage. The man raises his wand at Ginny, a wicked smile plays on his face.

NO!

I quickly stand up, whipping out my wand, ready to defend her, when someone from behind beats me too it.

"Expelliarmus!" Someone shouts. The spell immediately hits the Death Eater, knocking him several feet away from Ginny. I turn around to see Ron, along with Hermione standing beside him, pointing his wand at the now knocked out Death Eater. Ginny quickly stands up and runs over to her brother, engulfing him in a big hug.

"Thanks!" She says breathlessly, still clinging to him.

"Don't mention it," Ron returns her hug. After letting her go he adds, "Well you could mention it every now and then. I did just save your life and it'll give me some good street cred around the house-"

Ron was interrupted by another explosion.

Remus suddenly runs up to the four of us. "Harry, Hermione, Ron, you guys must get out of here. It is time." He shouts before pointing his wand at a nearby Death Eater, stunning him with a spell.

"I'm not leaving Ginny," Ron and I say at the same time. We both look at each other.

"What? She's not just your girlfriend," Ron rolls his eyes.

"That's not an option!" Remus argues.

"But-" I protest.

"Harry," Ginny takes my hand. "You need to go, now. I can handle myself." Ginny looks at her brother. "You both know I can." I knew this time would come, and I don't know how many times I prepared myself to leave, but now that it's happening...I can't seem to make myself go.

I stare into her eyes for the longest time before crashing my lips onto hers in a quick, yet long, kiss. Once we pull a part, I whisper into her ear. "I love you."

Ron grabs his sister and hugs her tight.

"Bloody hell, stay safe!" Ron says before letting go. "And please don't do anything stupid!"

Ginny laughs. "I'm offended you'd think so little of me."

Ron smiles. "You know what I mean, but I'm seriously Ginny. No unnecessary risks."

She nods. "Okay."

Ron looks at his little sister. "I love you, stupid."

"Love you too, prat." Ginny sniffs as tears prickle the corner of her eyes. Then Hermione hugs her in a tight hug, already crying.

"I'll miss you," Hermione whimpers.

"I'll miss you too. Now go!" Ginny backs away, stepping closer to Remus. I look in her eyes one last time.