Chapter Seven

||HARRY||

IT was nearly Christmas break and everyone was excited. The corridors were decorated with thick layers of holly covered in colorful bulbs. The iconic twelve-foot tree was stationed in middle of the Great Hall like usual, carried in my tour favorite friend half-giant, Hagrid. This was one my favorite time of the year at Hogwarts. Despite the fact that Voldemort was prowling around, everyone seemed to be in good spirits during the holiday season.

Everyone expect Ron and Hermione.

Ever since Ron going out with Lavender Brown, Hermione refused to do anything with him. She's just upset because she likes me but I don't appreciate the position those two are putting me in. It's uncomfortable and awkward. I feel like I have to pick between my two best friends and it's not fair at all, nor is it possible.

On the bright side, Ron isn't really making me choose. For the most part, anyway. It's clear that when I hang out with him, he doesn't necessarily want Hermione around because he knows that she's angry with me. At the same time, though, it's not really Ron's fault. Have him and Hermione had this skinny love type of relationship go on for the past six years? Always been able to express their feelings with verbalization. No one just didn't expect to Ron to get a girlfriend that wasn't Hermione.

Regardless of the that, fact is he's dating now. As much as I hate saying this but Hermione is going to have to deal with it sooner or later.

  ● ● ●

"It's not my fault," Ron groans, flopping onto his bed.

It was Saturday afternoon. Ron and I had decided to skip lunch and chill in the boys dormitory. Of course Ron didn't actually skip out on eating. He had Ginny fetch him a plate of food.

"Hermione is being ridiculous. Why can't she just be happy for me? Does Lavender snog me more than I care for? Sure! But I didn't say a word when she went out with Krum."

I look up from my Hogwarts a History book.

"Didn't say a word?" I let out a snort. "Ron, you embarrassed her in front of everyone. Then to add salt to the wound, you proceeded to call her out by saying that Krum was too old for her and that he was only using her to get to me," I remind him, raising my eyebrows.

Huffing out of sigh, Ron swears under his breath and grumbles. "No one asked you."

"If you feel that bad about it, I don't see why won't you just talk to her" I say, flipping over to the next page.

"She refuses to talk to me...and I don't feel bad!" He throws his hands up air, frustrated, stomping around the room

"You could have fooled me," I grumble back.

Ron sits down on his bed. "Did I make a mistake...choosing Lavender over Hemrione?"

Lifting my eyes from my book, I look over at him. His entire demeanor looks defeated.

"What do you mean you chose her over Hermione?"

He shrugs. "Just that I'm in...never mind." Ron lays down, turning over to where his back his facing me.

In love with Hermione? Yeah, I know, Ron, I know.

  ● ● ●

"Ronald is perfectly free to kiss whoever he likes." Hermione states, putting a book back in the shelf.

A day has passed. Hermione and I were in the library, since that's the only place she goes nowadays, studying for midterm exams. She refuses to talk to Ron but she has no problem with talking about him. To me. All. The. Bloody. Time.