Chapter Twenty-Seven

||HERMIONE||

Either Ron didn't hear us when we entered the tent or he chose to ignore us, either way he made no efforts in acknowledging our presence. He was just staring blankly at the ground as the radio, perched by his side, hummed lightly in the background. Cautiously, I take a few steps toward him and despite me doing so Ron still makes no signs of movements.

I slowly put a hand on his shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Do you know why I keep the radio on?" He ignores me, still looking at the floor. I give Harry a worried glance before putting my attention back on my boyfriend.

"Why?" Harry asks, who is still standing by the tent's entrance. He hadn't moved any further since I walked over to Ron.

Ron finally looks up and it takes all my might not to gasp. His cheeks are stained with tears. His eyes are bloodshot. Big, dark circles hover underneath his eyes. His hair is filled with sweat as if he's been fighting off a nightmare all this time.

"Ronald! Did you have a nightmare?" I look at him.

"To make sure I don't hear a name. Fred's name or Ginny's or George's or Bill's or Percy's or Charlie's or my parents." Ron replies, ignoring me completely.

Harry finally takes a step forward.

"You don't think I care? You don't think I know what it feels like?" Harry says, calmly.

"No. I don't think you do. Your family is dead!" Ron spits out angrily.

My hand rushes to my mouth in horror. How could Ron even say that?! The Ron I know would never throw a jab like that at his best friend. I look over to see Harry's reaction. He doesn't say anything. Just stands there and stares, but it doesn't take a genius to see the amount of pain that statement brought him. The hurt in his eyes. That doesn't stop Ron from continuing.

"Let's face it! You have no idea what you're even doing. You have us running around world for bloody months and all we've managed to capture is one horcrux. ONE!" Ron suddenly gets up and walks over to Harry, stopping inches from his face.

"Ron. Take off that locket, you wouldn't be saying all this stuff you weren't wearing it," I try to reach for his neck but he hair slaps my hands away.

"Do you even know where the next one is?" He exclaims.

Harry doesn't respond. It was true. We didn't have any idea where the next horcrux would be and already over two months has gone by. But despite all that, it didn't mean that Harry wasn't trying.

"I thought so," Ron walks over and picks up his jacket, putting it on.

"Well no one forced you come with me! If that's how you feel, then leave!" Harry barks back.

I stare back at him. Harry, what are you doing?!

My eyes flash over to Ron. He looks taken aback for a moment. His eyes widen as if he couldn't believe what his best friend was saying. For a moment, nobody uttered a single word. The tension in the room so thick you could slice it in half with a knife. Then Ron stomps over to the bed he was sleeping on, grabs his bag and marches over to the tent entrance.

"Fine. I'll leave. Come on Hermione," Ron looks at me, expectantly.

I physically freeze. How can Ron expect me leave Harry behind? It was his idea that we even go on this journey with him. At the same time, how can I not go with him. Ron is my boyfriend. Him going out in the forest, all alone, would make him an easy target for the snatchers. Especially, when he's not in his right mind.

"I-," I hesitate. But what can I say? In front of me is the love of my life, yet I know Harry can't do this without me. Ron must have taken my hesitation as an answer because is entire face goes blank.

"I see how it is. It's always been him, hasn't it? I'm surprised you even stayed with me for this long." Ron spits out, jealously ripples through his voice.

I choke back a tear. "What are you saying?"

"I saw you two cuddling outside tonight. There's obviously no room for me anymore." He explains.

"Ron," I walk near him. "That was nothing. He was just giving me company. Harry tell him!" I look at Harry pleadingly. He doesn't say anything, however, just caught up in his own thoughts.

Damn it Harry! Now isn't the time to be silent!

Without another word Ron turns on his heels and walks out of the tent. I stand there in shock. Did.... did Ron just leave me? He couldn't have-he wouldn't have left me.

"RON!" I call out as I rush out of the tent after him. He is nowhere to seen. Dammit why does it have to be night? I hear some footsteps near my right and I look over to seem Ron walking away in the distance. I run towards him as fast as I can. He's a good fifteen feet away so it takes me a while to catch up. Finally, I get close enough to grab onto his jacket.

"Ron, stop it!"

"What?!" He roars, turning to face me. "What could you possibly want?!"

"You," I whisper, the tears already streaking my face. "I want you."

For a split second, Ron's eyes flash back to that bright blue I know so well. He looks down at me, his stare intense.

"'Mione?" His voice is barely a whisper. I smile through tears. Placing my hands on either side, I pull his lips to mine. The moment our mouths touch, I feel him go rigid and he jerks away from me. The grey color is back in his eyes.

"Ron, please," I beg, latching onto his forearm. "Don't leave me. I need you, I can't do this without you. I love you."

The brightness in his eyes come back for a split second as he says, "...How could you love someone like me."

Just like that, I watch the love of my life walk away from me. Never has my heart been more broken than right now. Funny enough, it started to snow.

YOU GUYS! We are getting super close to end of this rewritten version! WHAT? Craziness! I can't wait for you guys to see the new ending! Again, I want to thank all the ones who are rereading this book for the second time, love you guys!

Until next time!

~Sarah.