Chapter Nineteen

THE four of them, once recovered from being thrown against the wall, stood there confused but mostly surprised at the familiar professor that stood before them.

"Professor McGonagall?" Harry gasps in relief.

With the wave of her wand, the professor turns the train's light back on. The other three all glance at each other before staring back at the professor. That certainly wasn't something they had expected. They were half expecting a dementor or a death eater to come waltzing through the door.

"Oh, Potter! Thank goodness" McGonagall walks over, engulfing Harry in a big hug. Then, without giving him a chance to process the situation, she releases him and begins to poke him with her wand. "Are you bloody mad?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?! I told you to arrive at platform ten! TEN! What is the matter with you? Just because you're the boy who lived doesn't mean you're immortal!"

Ginny and Hermione stand there in staring at the two, while Ron tries to stifle his uncontrollable chuckles.

"Ow, okay, ow!" Harry exclaims, desperately shielding himself from her jabs.

"Did you even read my letter?!" The professor continues. At that, Ron quits laughing at together.

"Letter? What letter?" Ginny asks. Professor McGonagall stops poking her wand at Harry to look at her. Hermione makes her way her to Ron, leaning into him.

"What do you mean 'what letter'?! The Letter I sent you weeks ago, the letter that heeded my warning about the death eaters and Dumbledore-" McGonagall stops when she notices the blank expressions that are displayed in the young teens faces. "Those bloody bastards! I should have known they would have stopped the owl from delivering that letter."

"Professor!" Hermione gasps at her choice of words. "What is going on?"

Professor McGonagall is quiet. A myriad of emotions appears on her face. Anger. Debate. Sorrow. All mixed into one big expression. Turning to Harry, the professor grabs a hold of his hand, giving it a good squeeze.

"Harry, dear," McGonagall begins. "You might want to sit down for this.

● ● ●

"Dumbledore is...dead?" Harry asked for the third time.

He couldn't believe it. How was that even possibly? Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard in the world! How could someone just waltz in and kill him? To make matters worse, Dumbledore was killed by Snape. Snape! The one-person Dumbledore defended and trusted the most. Everyone trusted him! Even Harry begin to think his suspicions of Snape were merely in his head, but now his theories were proven right. Snape is nothing but a traitor to Hogwarts and Dumbledore. Now Hogwarts is taken over by the death eaters. The Dark Lord is getting stronger by day.

The Professor nodded, sorrowfully, in reply. Harry got quiet. Bending his head down, Harry's hands slowly formed into fists. It was his fault. If Harry had been there by his side like he should have been then maybe, just maybe, he could have saved Dumbledore's life. Maybe he could have prevented the attack. Dumbledore would still be alive. Before Christmas break began, Dumbledore had asked Harry to accompany him on a quest to seek a Horcrux, but Harry declined. He told him that he would rather spend whatever time left he had with the ones he loved. How could Harry be so stupid? How could he be so selfish? Dumbledore must have sense something terrible was about to happen and wanted Harry to be by his side when it came to pass. Harry should have pushed his personal matters behind him and focused on what was important.

"Harry...are you, all right?" Ginny asks, cautiously walking toward him. Harry had been completely silent for a good fifteen minutes. "Speak to me."