Flying or Falling?

Jeydon's POV~

"SAMANTHAAAA!" I shout, kicking my feet and rolling around on the bed as she tickles me. "Deydonnnnnn!" she whines, her fingers continuing to dance over my torso. I laugh so hard, I'm pretty sure my ribs are penetrating my internal organs. Which are supposed to last internally... if that's not a word we shall make it one right now. I feel a hint of relief as my phone goes off. I gently shove Sam off and sit up, answering my phone without checking caller ID, habitually, "This is J Wale." I answer. "Jeydon, dude, I need your help," Johnnie says weakly over the phone.

"Dude, are you okay?" I ask, my body tensing up alertly. "I'm fine. Well, no I'm not. Look okay, you're the only My Digital Escape member I know I can trust with this. Well... you and Jordan. You perfect Canadians disgust me in the best way."

"What can I say? We rock." I shrug, walking into the kitchen. "Yeah, well. I need to tell someone this and you're one of the only people I can trust," he pants. It sounds like he's been working out for a long time or sprinting around somewhere, "Okay, so I like Alex."

"Whoa," my eyes widen up, "Is that what this whole Johlex thing is about?"

"How did you know about that?" he asks. "People are blowing up my social media asking me what I know, if it's real, and if I ship it." I say, raiding the fridge for food.  "OH MY GOD!!" Johnnie shouts. He shouts it so loud, I have to pull the phone away from my ear for a bit, "Look Jeydon, I need you to talk to Bryan for me and let him know I won't be able to post a video for MDE this week, I need a fill-in."

"Not to be rude or anything, and sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but can I ask why?" I shrug, setting the jar of pickles on the counter. He sighs heavily, "Well, I'm out of town to visit my mom for a bit," as he's talking I turn around, leaning against the counter and licking my lip ring, processing what he's saying as he talks, "and I feel like I need a break from all social media. Just kind of need time to think some things through."

"Alright my man, I'll give Bryan a call. I hope things work out for you and just hit me up if you need anything else." I nod. "Alright dude, thanks." he says quickly, then the line dies. Sam walks in and opens the pickle jar, taking out a pickle and looking at me, "Who was that?"

"Johnnie. Seems like something's up." I say, taking a bite of her pickle. "Is he okay?" she asks.

"I have no idea."

Bryan's POV~

"What do you mean?" I sigh, rubbing my head. "I dunno man," Jeydon says, "I think he said something about his mom being sick and needing to go see her."

"Fine, whatever. I guess I'll call up Diegosaurs and see if he wants to fill in for him." I sigh. Well this explains why he didn't come home last night. "Alright, well, I gotta run." Jeydon says, then he hangs up. "I think this Johlex thing is really getting to him," I say to Damon, who is in the kitchen, making a sandwich. "Or maybe he went to go see Alex." he says.

"What?"

"Well, he likes her, she likes him, they're being shipped. Maybe he thought now was the time to go see her and ask her out."

"Johnnie can't drive, he'd never make it there."

"He could've bummed a ride from someone else," Damon shrugs. "Oh well, he's not my responsibility. I don't care where he goes, if he's not back in a week, I'll call him and see what's up." I sigh. I'm so sick of this. There's always something with Johnnie, he's like a little child. When he doesn't have attention, he gets upset, when he does, he wants to make this big dramatic deal about it. I'm over it, honestly.

Alex's POV~

My heart drops when I see Johnnie wasn't in Bryan's video and instead of his video being posted, Diegosaurs filled in for him. What's going on with him? He was barely in the Vlog on his channel, and when he was he was acting weird. I hope it's not this whole "Johlex" thing, I actually find it kind of cute. Then again, Johnnie is complex in the cutest way possible. I stare at my laptop blankly as I hear a ringing in my head. Probably from the absence of noise in the house today. Or maybe it could be because I'm not listening to Johnnie's sweet, cute voice. Orrrr it could be my phone. Yep, it's my phone. I pick it up and my brain, heart, and lungs melt as I see "Johnnie" on the screen. I take a deep breath and clear my throat, "He's only human." I tell myself. I answer it with, "Hello?"

"Hey, can I speak to Alex?" he asks, his voice cracking on my name. "This is she." I stand up, biting my lip to keep from squealing and giggling. "Oh, right," he mumbles, "Who else would have your cellphone?" I just smirk and pace back in fourth in my room, my heart beating so fast I'm afraid he'll hear it. "Anyways," he clears his throat, "I think we need to talk about this Johlex thing, just clear things up."

"Okay," I nod. I jump around my room, happy he wants to talk about what tiny "us" there is. "So uh, I think it would just be best we keep the talking about each other on the downlow." he says. My heart slows down. Stops even, for a moment. I stop jumping and my smile fades. I feel like I was holding onto a rainbow that was shooting up into the sky and it just disappeared, and now I'm falling. Hurling thousands-no, millions of feet towards the ground at a speed faster than light itself. I kind of wish I was falling. I wish I could just fall through the floor and never have to be seen again. "Uh, Alex?" he snaps me back into reality. While the sound of him saying my name one-on-one makes a tiny firework spark in my stomach, I'm still falling, "Oh, yeah. You're right. Okay," I smile, as if he can see it. "Alright, great," he sounds relieved. It makes me feel a bit better that I contributed to his happiness, despite it being at the cost of my own, "Well, I'll talk to you later." he says, hanging up before I can say anything else. Then there it is. And it's cold. It's a bit damp. It's also empty and abandon. But oh my god, is it hard. Here I am, face down in the ground. Face down in the pavement while Johnnie is just crawling out of the Hobbit Hole. His happiness at the cost of my own. This isn't what I wanted.

********

Sorry if this was disappointing and sorry for not having Johnnie's POV, but I added Jeydon just to mix things up a bit. From now on, instead of setting a day for when I'll next update, I'll be updating a chapter every time the last chapter hits 40 views. So when this hits 40 views, I'll update the story. Until then, give hugs not drugs and goodabai ♥♥♥