The Final Morning

Alex's POV~

I sit back in my seat and stare out the window, thinking over last night as my hand is barely holding onto Johnnie's, our fingers loosely locked. We were all silent leaving the hotel, silent dropping off Tay, silent saying our goodbye's to Octavia who decided to stay the rest of the week, and silent for the past half hour on our ride to the airport. I think the fact that it's all over is just sinking in. I actually haven't physically said a word to Johnnie since last night when I said, "Goodnight." but that's the last time we've verbally talked. All day it's just been hugs, kisses, holding hands, and blank stares. We stay like this for another fifteen minutes, then Drake finally speaks up, just barely loud enough so we can hear him, "Anyone hungry?" We all just mumble no and not really then go back to our thoughts. I start at the very beginning, when I first saw him sitting there, smiling and looking down at Drake's phone. And how he looked at me that first time. How upset I got when he didn't kiss me. When we went to Disney World and me and Johnnie hugged Goofey. Then making out in hte elevators, then when he showed me the balcony to the top floor of the hotel we were staying at that night, when we kissed while staring out into the ocean and how we stayed up most of the night, talking. Waking up the next day and the car trip to the middle of nowhere. I remember looking up and seeing his crystal blue eyes, staring into mine as if nothing else mattered. How he held me when he first got in and how he kept my face buried into his shirt so I wouldn't have to smell the scent of a man's dead, mutilated body. When he and Tyler fell into the pool and I laughed because Johnnie had blood gushing down his arm. Picking out an outfit for him at GoodWill. Watching him laugh as he had his arm around me while we were all sitting at this huge booth at that family owned diner, listening to our waiter tell us stories about his families camping adventures. Falling asleep on him on the ride to Iza's. How the moonlight reflected off his beautiful eyes. Then, of course, last night on the beach then getting to go to our hotel and getting to sleep in the same bed together. This trip was perfect. Everyone involved was perfect. The setting was perfect. If only it could have lasted a bit longer. I glance over at Johnnie to find he's fallen asleep. Knowing he's at peace makes me feel tired to say the least. I tighten my grip on his hand, careful not to wake him up, the rest my head on the window, closing my eyes and waiting for sleep to carry me away.

Johnnie's POV~

I open my eyes to Drake's voice, telling everyone to wake up as we enter the airport. My stomach drops and I immediately regret sleeping through our last moments together as a group. Well, minus Tay and Octavia. I glance in the very back and see Chloe and Tyler just waking up, Tyler's arm around Chloe and Chloe resting her head on his shoulder. I feel the slightest bit better as I see from the look on everyone else's faces that they're having the same regrets. Drake parks and we all get out, helping the girls get their stuff out of the trunk. I hand Alex's stuff to her, realizing this is it. I have to do it now, "Alex," I say her name weakly. She looks up at me, tears threatening her eyes, "I can't do this." I finish.

"Me neither." she whispers. "Guys, the flight leaves in forty minutes," Drake says. I look back at Alex, not wanting her to go as my throat gets tight and I'm sure I can't breathe. "Johnnie," she chuckles, gently stroking my cheek, "It's okay. When we get back together in person, we'll be together again. But long distance is just too hard."

I grab her wrist and move her hand from my cheek to my lips, barely kissing her tiny, warm, soft hand. "God, I'll miss these hands," I sniffle, a single tear rolling down my face. I look up and realize that Alex's nose is red, tears streaming down her cheeks as she stares at me, holding in a sob. I pinch my lips together to keep from crying and grab her arm, pulling her in and holding her tighter than I ever have before because I know I won't hold her like this again for a long time. "I don't want to go." she sobs into my chest. More tears roll down my face as I start to feel dampness from her tears on my chest. After what doesn't feel like ten minutes, Drake announces, "Thirty minutes you guys," I gently pull away from Alex, staring into her eyes, "We'll still call and text and Face Time and stuff." I weakly grin. "Yeah," she smiles, nodding her head and wiping her tears. "Yeah." she says again, but this time, more confidently. "So until next time," she sniffles and looks up at me, grinning her goofey grin, "we are just friends." Alex she chuckles. "Okay," I grin. She grabs the collar of my shirt, pulling me in and kissing my lips. A simple kiss. No open-mouths or tongues. Just our lips. And I don't say another word as I watch her and Chloe make their way for the airport entrance, but I watch her. Studying her because I know I won't see her in person for a while. I can only pray that I'll remember her soft skin, the scent of her hair, how her lips tasted, how she hugged me, the color of her eyes, the way she walks, the way she eats, and how she looks without makeup. Because I just let the love of my life go. She's gone. I feel a pat on my back and turn around to see Tyler standing there, tears streaming down his face and hickeys up and down his neck. We probably look like the hangover crew. But I don't care. And as all three of us stand there, staring at that door, hoping and praying they'll come back out screaming, "JUST KIDDING, WE'RE STAYING FOREVER!", people walk around us. Little kids staring at us, elders looking concerned, adults rolling they're eyes and snickering. But we don't care. Because they don't know. They don't know the half of it. "Well," I say aloud, "I look like shit." I pause and try to swallow the lump in my throat, "Alex Dorame, this is me, without you."

"Johnnie," Drake mumbles. I turn to look at him, "Dude, Alex left her makeup bag." he says. I look back at the door. Alex can't live without her makeup. So, this means I get to see Alex again. Thank God.

********

WOOO! What will happen next chapter? Will Alex already be gone? Or will Johnnie catch her just in time? The world may never knowwwwwww. Stay rad and I'll see ya next time ♥♥♥