The Downfall of Johnnie

Johnnie's POV~

I look down at my phone and smile, reading the text just sent by Alex;

2 hour and 46 minute plane ride. Can't wait... you're lucky I crushzone you -.-

I smirk and reply;

Haha, that sounds suckish. & crushzoned..? wtf cx

I smile and set my phone without turning it off as I see she's typing, glancing up at the TV long enough to select "American Horror Story" then "Continue Watching" on Netflix when my phone vibrates.

yeah, crushzoned. like, friendzoned means the girl is letting the guy know not get any crazy ideas farther than friendship. im letting you know not to get any crazy ideas farther than crushing ^.^

I chuckle and reply, pressing the backspace more than actual keys. But I finally come up with;

well how long will i be crushzoned?

Then, immediately she replies;

until i say otherwise. i gtg now, im in walmart and i keep almost bumping into people cx bai

I smile and take a deep breath, imagining her sister looking at her like she's crazy because she won't even look up from her phone long enough to maneuver in the world's rudest store just so she can talk to me. I kinda wish I was there so she wouldn't have to go through all that trouble just to talk to me... then again, it's nice to know how much she actually likes me. I finally reply;

XD alright, later. 

I put my phone down and look up at the TV, smiling as I think of the world's cheesiest pickup line. I know she told me she had to go, but I knew that if I didn't say it know, I'd forget it later. So, I pick up my phone, and I text her;

Will you be the suicidal to my psychopath? The Violet to my Tate?

She replies immediately, as if she was hoping I'd text her even though we'd said goodbye;

CRUSHZONED!!

I chuckle and set my phone down, figuring that was the only true goodbye she needed. I can't believe this! Just 24 hours ago, we were complete strangers. Since then, we've talked for God knows how long on the phone, and we've been texting non-stop. I finish two episodes of AHS before I hear it, "JOHNNIE!" mom yells from downstairs. I pause the TV, putting my phone on the charger and setting it down on my bed before walking out, following the direction I heard my mom's voice coming from. I finally find her in the living room, staring at the paused TV. "What's up mom?" I ask, glancing up at the TV, trying to figure out what she's watching. "Honey, sit," she smiles. I sit down and she hits the play button, and my stomach starts cramping as I hear the voice automatically recognize as my dad's, "No, Johnnie! You put the hose in the pool!" he shouts. I see myself standing in the middle of this maybe two feet deep pool, holding the hose in my swimming trunks. I can't possibly be any older than seven or maybe eight. I smile at my dad, handing him the hose and soaking him with the water as I do so. "Oh, you're in for it now!" he shouts. He grabs my ankles and pulls my feet from underneath me, next thing I know I'm hanging upside down and he slings me over his shoulder, spinning in circles. I remember this like it was just yesterday. I stare at my feet, kicking my dad's chest. I bet I could feel his heartbeat. The beat that made the song that was my father. That song no longer plays... and I'll never hear it again. You know how when you're on SoundCloud or something and you look up a song, but all there is are acoustic covers, remixes, and vocal covers? No matter how you type it, you can't find the original song. Deep inside, you know you won't find it. Yet, for some reason, you still continue to look. That's what it's like with my dad. I have this huge hole where he's supposed to be and I'm trying to find the perfect fit, the original song. But all I can ever get are acoustics, remixes, and covers. Fakes. I know I'll never fill that hole, but for some reason I can't stop looking. I can't let it go, I can't let him go. No more family reunions, no more hugs, no more noogies, no more laughs, no more father-son time, no more hearing his voice, no more phone calls. I'll never have him again, and to sit and watch this horrible cover of him, it disgusts me. I get up and start making my way up the stairs, "Johnnie," mom yells, "What's the matter?"