Elevators

______________________

Picture Is Octavia

______________________

Johnnie's POV~

"You sure you're okay?" I ask, following everyone out the door. "Yeah, must have been a bad burger or something. I'm fine now," she smiles. But something's not right, something's off about her smile. "So how are we riding?" Drake asks once we get to the cars. "Me and Alex can ride with Drake," I speak up. "I'll go to," a girl that came with Alex says. I've never seen her and I don't know her name, but she seems cool so far. "Alright then," the girl with red hair, Tay I'm assuming, grins, "Looks like Chloe and Tyler are stuck with me." But Chloe and Tyler aka Cyler (I guess that's a thing now? God, ship names always sound so stupid) are too busy gazing into the future that are each others eyes or, whatever. "Alright, let's go," Alex grins. I take her hand and keep her close to me as I open the back door for her, letting her in, "My blueberry," I bow. "Thank you sir Pugs-A-Lot," she chuckles. Once she gets in I speed-walk in the most unawkward way possible to my side of the car and get in, sliding in next to her as Drake starts the car. The first ten minutes of the ride is just dead silence, after a while of thinking about things totally unrelated (my dad, Bryan, Damon, Kohnnie...) I randomly decide to do something, just to make things exciting. I slowly slide my hand over, and put it on Alex's. Her hand is so tiny, and warm, and soft in mine. Well... it was for the split second it was there anyways. She slowly pulls her hand away but doesn't look at me, she just continues to stare out the window and that's when it becomes perfectly clear to me that I was the reason she started freaking out earlier. God, Johnnie! The girl sits on the phone with you in the middle of the night for hours, listening to you ramble about problems she doesn't even care about, and you turn around and make her so upset, she gets sick!? Okay, this isn't about me, it's about Alex. But I don't understand, she was acting fine earlier. Then again, 'fine' is the biggest lie of this generation. I decide to let the silence continue on, hoping that by the time we get to Disney, five more minutes, some stress will be let off.

3 hours later~

"This has been fun," Alex laughs. Drake and Octavia are talking about Instagram in the front seats, laughing every now and then about something, "Yeah," I agree, "Uh, Alex," I choke out her name. She looks over at me and I look into her eyes. They're lit up, but not enough. She hasn't lived enough, "How would you and your friends like to maybe hang out with me and the guys tomorrow?"

"YES!" Octavia screams, "Dude, we need to go on some grunge adventure or something!" Alex and I both laugh, Drake just cusses under his breath because some guy cut in front of us and slowed down, causing Drake to slam on the brakes. I squeeze my eyes shut and everyone in the car holds their breath until Octavia sighs, "We're okay," I open my eyes and realize I have my arm wrapped around Alex and I'd pulled her close, holding her head to my chest. I quickly let go and back up, staring at her, "Uh, sorry... I-"

"Johnnie," she giggles my name. The way she says it makes me want her. Not in the sexual, pervy way. But in the I want her to be mine way, "It's fine," she laughs, "It's cute you want to protect me like that." I blush when she calls me cute, but I'm not cute. She's the only cute thing in this car... well, her and Octavia. I look out the window and watch all the cars going by, wondering if they've all felt this same feeling, like you're on a roller coaster that just keeps going up and you have no clue when it's going to go down.

Alex's POV~

"Where are we going?" I laugh. "Shh," he laughs back, pulling me through the halls of the hotel. Instead of staying at Tay's, we decided to get rooms at this hotel. Octavia and Tay are sharing one, Chloe and I are sharing one and all three of the guys are sharing one. Why we decided to do this? I have no clue. Now Johnnie and I have sneaked out, it's 2AM and he's pulling me through the hallways. "Johnnie," I giggle, wondering where we're going. He goes to the elevator and pushes the button, the doors automatically opening. Normally, for me, this whole thing would be terrifying, but for some reason, Johnnie being here makes me feel invincible. Like as long as he's here, nothing could go wrong. Probably because of what happened in the car earlier, he proved that he will protect me if anything goes wrong. He pulls me into the elevator and leans against the corner, pulling me against him. With one hand, he lets go of mine and rolls his thumb in lazy circles under my eye, with the other, he pushes the top-floor button. "Figured we could use some time," he grins. I smile and hesitantly put my hands on his torso, staring into his blue eyes. I watch as they fade out, as if his body is here, but he has floated off somewhere, "Hey," I say gently. He seems to snap out of it, looking at me and smiling, "Where'd you go?" I ask. He just stares deep into my eyes, as if they'll give him the answer, "I'm right here," he grins. Normally, I'd think that my heart would be racing, I'd be light-headed, I'd be saying stuff to mess up the moment. But this time, I'm here. I'm right here, in California in the elevator of some fancy hotel I can't remember the name of, at 2 in the morning in the arms of Johnnie Guilbert. And I'm not leaving. Not even as he leans in, his face so close I can feel his breath gentle against my lips as he mumbles the words, "Be mine." And I'm not going to go anywhere when I whisper back the word that is going to change our lives, "Okay."

********

I sense ze frickle-frackle in our near future! Stay rad and I'll see ya next time! ♥♥♥