The Grape Thug Posse

Johnnie's POV~

"Thanks again for letting me stay, mom. I know this was so super last minute and-"

"Is it a girl?" she sighs. "Wh-what? No!" My voice cracks. "Johnnie," she chuckles, sitting on my bed, "Who is it?" I sigh and sit down next to her, rubbing my head. I know, I promised myself no Alex this week. But hopefully talking to my mom and getting stuff off my chest will make me feel better. I mean, talking to Jeydon helped me feel a lot better than I thought it would, maybe the same thing will happen here. "Alex Dorame." I say, fighting a smile trying to make it's way onto my lips."Mm, she's a pretty cute one." mom shakes her head. "You've seen her?" my voice cracks again. Jeez Johnnie, this is your mother you're talking to, calm down. "I watch a few videos from My Digital Escape every now and then. I like to see who you're hanging out with," she shrugs. "Oh," I mumble. "Anyways," mom smiles, "Have you told this girl how you feel?"

"No." I say, biting my lip as I think about our conversation earlier. I hope she didn't take things the wrong way, I mean, I probably sounded a lot harsher than I meant to, but I was short on time and I really didn't want to talk to her for too long because I knew I'd end up saying something stupid. So, I made it short and straight to the point. Ouch. I told mom about all of it, from the Q and A with Bryan to the phone call with Alex. "You said that?" her eyes widen. "Yeah..?" I shrug, "Did I come off too strong? I bet I came off too strong."

"Harsh, Johnnie." she furrows her eyebrows disapprovingly. "I know... but at least-"

"No, you need to call her, apologize, and instead of telling her how things are going to be, ask for her opinion and try to work things out together." I shutter when mom says "together", as in me and Alex. Together. "But mom, I've only talked to over the phone like that three times, and the only time I ever texted her was when I sent her the MDE schedule." which was all true. Sad that I can't grow a pair and talk to the girl of my dreams, but true. "Johnnie, you need to call her," she says. "But I'm so awkward over the phone, I'd rather just text her."

"Obviously you want to date this girl," she says. I nod in agreement. "Well, if you ever want that to be a real life possibility, you need to actually call her. Listen to her voice, recognize her mood. And who knows, maybe she'll be the one person you can talk to over the phone that isn't awkward." she shrugs, "Anyway. It's midnight, I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning," she sighs. She stands up, leans over, and kisses my head before disappearing out the door and turning around to close it. I sigh and take out my phone, staring at Alex's contact saved into it. Although every inch of my heart wants her and needs her, my head is saying no. The same head that is filled with anxiety and ADHD. I think of All Time Low's song, Missing You and mumble to myself, "Fuck the world 'cause it's my life, I'm gonna take it back," Then, before any "disease" in my head can tell me otherwise, I stand up, and I call her. I call her. I listen to the phone ringing. I count each ring. With each ring my heartbeat speeds up a mile faster. Until it stops. And I hear it. Her sweet, half-sleep, gentle voice. "Johnnie?" My heartbeat slows back down until it's normal again, her voice somehow calming me, "Uh, hi Alex... look, I uh... I know I probably came off as a major dick earlier and I'm so sorry. It's just..." don't say it, dont'say it, don'tsayit don'tsayit dontsayitdontsayitdontsayit, "I like you, Alex." I bite my lip as I feel tears swelling in my eyes, listening to the stereo silence still between us. Then I hear it, gradually getting louder and louder until she's laughing. My heart sinks and I sit down on my bed, knowing that I just messed everything up. "Johnnie," she laughs. "What?" I mumble. "I like you too. Oh my god, you have no clue how good it feels- wait, you're serious, right?" I stand back up, feeling the urge to jump around my room and laugh, "Yes! Yes, I'm serious! I've like you for like, forever!" I laugh, not wanting to sound too stupid, oh, fuck it if I sound stupid, she likes me! "Oh my god!" she squeals, then she clears her throat, talking in a calmer tone, "Well, that's-that's great. Um... my friends just so happen to be going to Disney World this weekend and they invited me, and I was wondering if you maybe think we could meet up..?" I put the phone on mute then speaker, setting it down on the nightstand before running and jumping in circles in my room, yelling, "YESSS!" over and over, despite the fact my sleeping mother is right next door. After about three laps, when I finally let off some steam, I take the phone off mute but keep it on speaker, wanting her voice to fill my room, "Uh, yeah sure, sounds cool." "Great," she squeals, "Um, we've never been... any suggestions on rides?" I tell her about Bryan and I's favorite rides and what they do, then I tell her about my favorite restaurant, Goofey's Kitchen. That leads to us talking about Disney, then our favorite movies, then our favorite actors, then our favorite singers, then bands, then a lot more as I realize mom was right, she is the only person I can talk to and it isn't awkward.

Alex's POV~

"Alex!" she shakes me harder. "Whaaaaattt?" I groan. I open my eyes and see Jenna standing there."Come on, mom told me to take you to the store so you can get stuff for your trip to Cali tomorrow." she says. Then I remember everything. I remember staying on the phone with Johnnie until 4 AM, I remember him saying he likes me, I remember how dizzy I got when he said it, and I remember... I'M MEETING JOHNNIE GUILBERT TOMORROW!!!! "Okay," I smile. I sit up and rub my eyes, grabbing my phone to check the time, 1:42 PM, my stomach does backflips when I see I have a text from Johnnie sent at 11:02 AM;

Good morning grape.

I smile and reply with;

Good morning pug.

I chuckle as I put my phone down, going to my closet to pick out an outfit. In exactly 24 hours, I will be on my way to meet the guy of my dreams. In exactly 48 hours, I will be with the guy of my dreams. I grab my Ghost Town shirt and dance around with it, grabbing my phone and playing Pierce The Veils' The Divine Zero as I dance around, thinking life can't get much better.

********

So yeah, this happened. Instead of making it 40 views I'm taking it down to 30. BOOOO-YAAHHHH!!! I hope everyone has a rad day and I'll see you all next chapter ♥♥♥