Pools Of Oil

Johnnie's POV~

I press Alex's face into my chest and bury my nose into her hair, hoping the scent will block out the smell of the rotting meat in front of us. "Oh, God!" Octavia groans. We all watch as Drake slowly moves forward and pokes it-or, them-with a piece of glass he found on the ground, "It's definitely dead." he nods. It's so decayed, I can't even tell if it was male or female. It looks like it was only about five or six. We all just stare and groan in response to the disgusting scent for awhile, then Tay speaks up, "Whatever, let's just keep going." We all nod in agreement and look around, trying to figure out what room this is. "Cafeteria?" Tyler guesses. "Nah, there would be like coolers or something." Octavia rejects. "I see basketball hoops," Alex says, shining her light on one, "It must have been a gym."

"Okay, so we're in the gymnasium." Drake states. "God, the amount of people that fell on their face in here. AM I RIGHT!" I try to lighten the mood. But instead, all I earn are blank stares, squinted eyes, and shrugs. I roll my eyes at myself and take Alex's hand, locking her fingers into mine as we walk around the gym. It's about half the size of a football field and the ceiling have to be at least 200 feet high, "This is so creepy," Alex mumbles. "So were Jack and Sally at first," I grin, "Everything deserves a second chance." She just giggles and hugs my arm, staying close by my side and holding her flashlight out in front of us. "GUYS!" Tyler yells. We look over in the general direction his voice came from and see him and Chloe standing at a doorway, peeking through what must be a tiny window. Alex and I barely beat the other three to the door Chloe and Tyler are at, "Guys, check this out!" Tyler exclaims. We all take turns, Alex and I first, peeking into the window. We see what looks like a pool area. It's about the same size as the gymnasium and has a bunch of old, beaten up lawn chairs surrounding the maybe 500x500ft pool and a huge window that now is covered by fog and steam. "There's a sign that says it's ten feet deep," Octavia announces as she peeks through the window. "Well, boys, let's break into this shit," Drake chuckles. Tyler gently pushes on the door, "I want to see how strong the door jambs are," he explains, "Weak, we could probably push this down." he chuckles. "So we'll need everyone for that." Drake grins. And with that, we all stand side-by-side, our left shoulders against the wide door, listening for Drake's countdown, "ONE, TWO THREE!" And on three, we all back up two steps, and smash into the door at the same time. "NOT ENOUGH!" Drake yells. I rub my shoulder and step back two steps. We do this four more times before Tyler tells us to stop. He steps forward and uses both hands, trying to push it over, "Johnnie," he grunts. I run to the door and, despite my sore shoulder, we manage to brake down the door, finally. We all rush in and look around. It smells super earthy, like wet dirt. Tyler and I peek over, into the pool. It looks like a bunch of oil was dumped into it, "Tyler, dude, back up a bit." I chuckle. He has one foot over the side and one barely on the edge, "Dude, it's fi-" next thing I know, my hand hurts like a bitch, I hear screaming, and my crotch is cold. I open my eyes and look around then over at Tyler who also seems a bit dazed, "Wait," he scrunches his eyebrows, "Are we-"

"We're in the fucking pool!" I freak out, "We fell into the motherfucking pool! Drake! Get us the fuck out of here!" I feel my hand start to sting again and I look down. Yup. There's blood dripping down my arm. "Shit," I mumble. "Okay," Octavia shouts, sticking the net that picks up shit into the pool, "Johnnie, hold on to this." I grab onto it and plant my feet as firmly against the pool wall as my soaked, ruined, Vans will allow me as they all pull, hoisting me up. It take eight pulls before I'm up and being laughed at by Alex, "Dude, my hand." I show her. She stops laughing as she looks at it. She gently pokes it and I pull my hand back, "Yeah, that kinda HURT LIKE HELL!" I shout. "Sorry!" She smirks. "Come on guys, lets get out of here and get some food." Tay suggests, stifling a laugh as she looks at Tyler, soaked and almost crying. "Sounds good to me," I nod.

Drake made Tyler and I stay at the abandon insane asylum while he and the girls ran up to the thrift shop to get us clean, dry clothes. We waited for about thirty minutes before they came back. I had a pair of black lady skinny jeans (thank god), a black T-shirt, red boxers, and blue TOMS from Good Will. Tyler had a white tank top, black skinny jeans, blue briefs, and the same blue TOMS. We decided to go eat at a small, family diner only five minutes away from the insane asylum. The food was pretty good and the staff was nice enough. On the two hour ride to Isaiah's house (because I guess while at Good Will, they promised Octavia they'd drop her off at his place for four hours while we went and did something else), Octavia had fallen asleep in the back, Chloe fell asleep on Tylers lap, Tyler had fallen asleep, and Tay fell asleep in the passenger seat. "You can go to sleep, you know." I whisper, kissing Alex's forehead. I can tell she's tired by the faraway look in her eyes. "I know," she mumbles, "But I don't want to miss anything."

"You won't," I chuckle, "I promise. I'm not going anywhere." And with that, she curls up in my lap, her head on my shoulder so I feel her breath tickling my neck, and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath then falling asleep. If this isn't the best day of my life, then I don't know what will be.

********

Thank you for reading! I will admit, this chapter was fun to write! Once again, I must give credit to the amazing NathanaelBateman because he helped me come up with some ideas and he's just awesome. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed this! Stay rad and I'll see ya next time ♥♥♥