5. Amateurs

Natsuki POV

I finish today's job of taking pictures for the track and field team. I yawn and stretch out my arms, I just want to go home and chill on my couch. I can't believe that I'm going to the boy's volleyball match for Sakura. Going to Tuesday's game won't make much of a difference anyways. I just need to make sure no one notices who I really am when I attend any of these kinds of volleyball games.

I walk over to the boy's volleyball gym. It's now or never. Time for my late introductions... I guess.

I enter the gym and see Daichi with the team as they devise a plan for their game. Hmm... They seem really energetic, it's probably since it's their first match for the season. I scan the gym. All the boys are here, I might as well introduce myself to the team right now. I place my backpack and camera equipment on the bench. I casually walk towards them until I hear a loud shout ringing in my ears, "The Absolute Strongest 'Decoy'!!!!!" Kageyama proclaims and points at Hinata and me.

"The Strongest Decoy!!!" Hinata happily shouts. I flinch back and jump to the side to avoid a collision. Kageyama's determined face turns clueless as he notices me from behind Hinata... Didn't want to make this awkward... but I already did. I told him I wasn't going to his game, but here I am just hanging out in their gym.

"Hello?" I poke my head into their discussion. I attract the attention of the entire team... Mostly the attention of a certain boy, Kageyama, who never expected me to come here today after our somewhat little friendly conversation in the morning. "My name is Natsuki Tsukiyomi, I'm a 2nd year and I'm the other photographer for this team. I only came here because Sakura couldn't come for tomorrow's match and I'm attending it instead of her," I introduce myself to the entire team.

I slowly turn my head to see Kageyama's eyes glowing and filled with joy. Pfft. That idiot is too happy.

Along those lines, I felt like someone's eyes were digging a hole through me. Is someone staring at me? I turned around to see that it was Hinata's non-blinking eyes watching me. "Woah you're so cool from up close," Hinata runs up to me and awes in surprise. I cock my head to the side in confusion. Cool? Not even close. Rather people call me scary. He's probably the type of boy who never talks to girls. "...But is it true that Sakura can't come?" Hinata asks me with the hope of what I'm saying is just a joke.

"It's true," I straightforwardly answer, I mean it doesn't really matter who watches the match right? It's not even a real game yet.

Hinata's shoulders droop in disappointment, "Aww... I wanted Sakura to see my spikes". He pouts and Kageyama hits him.

Is he the reason why she decided to come watch the match?! If he is, then he's the reason why I'm forced to be here. A vein pops on my head in annoyance, but it quickly subsides. I want to be angry at him, but at this point there's really nothing I can do.

"Natsuki, I'm glad you got a chance to come see our first game though," Daichi smiles, "Last year, we weren't anywhere close enough to be compared to Shiratorizawa, but this year we have a trick. We got ourselves a great decoy."

"Decoy?" I look around for any possible player that can be Karasuno's decoy. ".... I don't see any decoy?" I answer and give up on thinking of the countless possibilities on who the possible decoy could be for this team.

He chuckles, "Is that so? If you can't tell, then it's truly going to be amazing quick for you to see." He smiles at me and turns to Hinata, "There's no one who can match Hinata's jumps, so Hinata have confidence..."

"Yes! I'll do my best! I'll score a lot of points! I'll be the decoy! I'll serve. Block. Quick. Everything." Hinata stammers in his words as he replies back.

What's wrong with him?! Is he scared or something? Well... now I know he's the decoy.

"Hey is he okay?" I whisper to Kageyama and Daichi takes notice of the panicking Hinata.

"Hey hey calm down!" Daichi put his hands on Hinata's shoulder to put him in ease, but it does just the opposite. Hinata's face quickly turns red ending with an explosion..... What the-- what happened?!

"He blew a fuse!"

"Hinata blew a fuse!!!

Tanaka and Daichi shout in panic. Kageyama stands there in utter surprise and soon everyone watches Hinata burst like a balloon.These players..... Knowing Aobajousai, we're probably going to be at a clear disadvantage if our team is like this. I watch them try to cool Hinata down with a fan and water bottle.

This team is nothing like Shiratorizawa.

Kageyama POV

"Tobio how was school today?" My older sister, Miwa, asks me after she comes home from college.

I finish my dinner and put my plates into the sink. "I'm the setter for the boys' volleyball team." I answer as I grab my sports bag from the side of the hallway and steadily go up stairs but at lightning speed Miwa stops me.

I flinch from the scary look on her face after hearing my response. "W-what's wrong with what I just said?" I quickly ask, afraid of what might happen next.

I was always jealous that she was faster than me but at moments like this her speed terrified me.

"Not just volleyball, did you make any friends or find any cute girls?" Miwa asks me again as she pesters me for a better answer.

"Does it really matter? I mean volleyball is all I need in my life," I straightforwardly tell her and she looks at me disgustedly.

"Come on. Tobio, when I was in middle school I already had a boyfriend. How come you haven't brought home a single girlfriend yet. You're not ugly or anything, we share the same genes after all," Miwa states and I stare at her with a deadpan look.

I sigh. "I did make friends with the team and found someone who went to Shiratorizawa's junior division," I tell her.

"Someone from Shiratorizawa, that's amazing. Wasn't that the school you really wanted to get into?" Miwa says in amazement. I twitch at the thought of not getting into that school... but being here is for the better.

"Well, at least you're making friends. I'm just worried that you'll end up being friends with a volleyball and then marry a volleyball," Miwa teases and ends up laughing at her own joke. A vein pops on my head.

Miwa flicks her hand back and forth, "I'm joking Tobio. I'm glad you're getting along with people in your school. Grandpa would be happy for you." Miwa smiles and messes with my hair. "Tell me more about school when it's not about volleyball, okay?" She grins and goes back down the stairs to eat dinner.

Why is my older sister like this?

I open the door to my room and play with the volleyball in my bag. The match that's coming up. Am I ready to be the setter for this team? Can I play along with them? I toss the volleyball as if I'm preparing to set it to someone. I just want to be a setter for this team and play volleyball forever. That's all that I can ask for.