Extra chapter - Jun's Memories

Jun POV
(Shuu and Kyouko Tsukiyomi's grave and Suzuki Tsukiyomi's grave)

I place a bundle of flowers on each of my parents' graves then hold the last bundle of flowers for my sister as I stare at my sister's grave.

I never did like coming here. Even though I'm a full grown man. It's hard to believe that it's been eight years since my sister died from cancer.

Suzuki was a bright woman who always pushed herself for my own happiness. I never knew what I could do for her because I was just an annoying kid at the time. When she told me she found the person she loved, I was honestly happy for the two of them.

The first time I met Natsumi Serizawa, I thought he would be the one who could bring happiness for my sister, I was grateful for him.

Yet, I was wrong. The man couldn't bring my sister happiness. As my sister got sick and bedridden, he married another woman. The man had a child with that woman even though there was Natsuki.

I resented him and even now I do. My sister loved him and never hated him for everything he did. Seeing her every time in the hospital always broke me down.

I sigh.

...

But I need to move on.

I put the bundle of flowers on her grave, next to another bundle of flowers that were already placed here.

Looking back, I'm happier now. In the past, I let everything push me down and was stuck in a hole of depression that I never thought I would be able to get out of.

I thought I lost everything. I thought I had nothing left but I was wrong and Nee-san was right.

Family is always there.

I thought I lost those I loved, but I didn't. My fiancé and my niece. They're my family. I grin. "Nee-san, I've been taking care of Natsuki and she has grown to be a beautiful woman just like you." I chuckle. "Just like you dreamt, she's following your footsteps to being a setter and she has become stronger... she has moved on." I admit. "Maybe it's because of a boy she happened to meet that she became like this. I bet he'll be your future son-in-law...." I jokingly say and tears start to stream down my eyes. "Nee-san. You would've been so happy to see Natsuki for who she is now. She's truly happy now and... I am too." A gentle loving smile forms on my face as the tears continue to stream down my face. "Nee-san you're right. Family is always there for you. Even though you're not here now, I know in my heart you're always there for me. I love you. Thank you."

(8 years ago - at the playground)

After visiting my sister in the hospital on a hot day, I walk my 8 year old niece, Natsuki, back home.

"Jun-san! Teach me volleyball!" Natsuki demands and I throw my empty milk carton at her.

Natsuki easily dodges and I sigh.

"No, I don't feel like it and don't call me by -san. We're only 8 years apart, I hate feeling old," I answer.

Everyday I've been watching Natsuki under my sister's care so I've been coming less and less to volleyball practice. Coach and captain understand, but no one else knows why I haven't been coming to practice so they're not exactly happy about it. Not that it matters. I can't get into the game like I used to.

"But Jun! You're the best player I know! You were the setter in your middle school team and was recruited as a player for the Youth World Championships. Even in high school you're the setter for your team! Mom told me all the sport colleges are trying to recruit you," Natsuki grins and I sigh. "No to mention everyone in my class knows you!"