10. The Flirt and New Queen

Kageyama POV
(After game)

After saying our farewells to the other team we start walking out to the school gates. I stretch my arms and yawn.

What time is it? I sleepily check my cell phone for the time... So late. I sigh, I'm probably going to fall asleep on the way back to Karasuno.

Everyone walks ahead but they suddenly stop their tracks. I check to see what the commotion was about just to find that in front of us was Oikawa leaning on the wall waiting for us.

"What the hell. You want a piece of this?" Tanaka taunts and Hinata does the same thing from behind him.

"What is it? Wanna fight?" Hinata timidly taunts. I give him a dubious look. He might as well just not say anything at all.

"Aww don't be so hard on me~ I just came to say hello~" he says and walks to Hinata. "Little guy that one-touch and broad attack at the end was amazing!" He compliments him and his eyes light up.

Don't listen to him you Baka! He's just messing with you. I angrily stare at him as he continues talking. "Today I was only able to join in for the last few points, but.... Next time let's compete full on in a real match." He gives Hinata and Tsukishima a sly glance. "Ah, that's right. Be sure to improve your serve, too. Because even if your attacks are powerful, you'll eventually hit your limit if you receive too slowly."

A vein pops on both Hinata's and Tsukishima's head.

Oikawa cocks his head to the side and shrugs his shoulders. "Besides I'm not the only good server. There are others besides me in the inter-high preliminaries and well just nearby you too. For example... Yoohoo, the girl behind Tobio-chan." Oikawa waves to Natsuki and shows her a bright dazzling smile that makes me want to turn around and puke.

"Or should I say the Merciless Queen right?" Oikawa winks and I can see a vein pop up on her forehead. "Calm down Natsuki-chan. I just want to say that you were a great server and player in the past. Am I right?" Oikawa tries to soothe Natsuki from her seething anger. "We have our own queen here too now. She's called the Goddess of Victory or the New Queen. I wonder why?" he says with a smile, but his intent was obviously to piss her off. "Oh there she is, Misa-chan!" Oikawa waves to someone behind us.

Everyone turns around to the direction he's waving and Tanaka who had an intimidating face quickly loses it when he sees a really pretty girl walk towards us. Tanaka's eyes turn into hearts and he starts running to her with open arms, but she easily dodges him. "Oikawa! What are you doing? Iwaizumi is wondering where you are?" She tells him and looks around to realize that all eyes are on her.

"Perfect timing. I was just giving them a special goodbye," Oikawa put his hands together for a simple gesture of an apology and smiles. "Misa-chan look the previous Queen is here too," he happily grins.

Misaki.... Misaki Hoshina. I remember her in the past when we were in the same school. She was always competing with Oikawa when it came to skills... Including those serves. But never had I heard from her after she graduated with Oikawa and Iwaizumi... Those three have always been together and now they are in the same school once again... She's a formidable opponent for both the boys and girls. I turn to Natsuki and notice that she's not reacting....

Is it because of that nickname? Merciless Queen. I don't see how she's merciless. If anything she's more of an extraordinary setter to me...

"N-Natsuki Tsukiyomi. It's nice to see you again," Misaki admiringly greets and offers her a handshake, "I remember playing against you in the past. Even though I lost my matches with you in middle school, I have gotten better as a setter. Maybe we can play a match against each other." She smiles and Natsuki's face twists.