27. Fly!

Natsuki POV
(Day before Interhigh preliminaries)

"Natsuki, the girls volleyball Interhigh preliminaries is going to be in the same place as the boys volleyball Interhigh preliminaries right?" Touya pesters me when he finds me lounging around after school before the boy's volleyball practice starts.

"The boys and girls volleyball games are going to be at the same place, just not the same building..." I look him in the eye. "Why are you asking?" I question and he starts to sweat bullets.

Idiot President. He just made it obvious that he's hiding something.

"N-No reason! Isn't it a nice day today?" He tries to avoid the topic and I frown hearing his terrible attempt to change the flow of the conversation. 

"So lame president. You can't even answer such a basic question and here I thought you were being more like a leader," I say sarcastically with a smug look on my face obviously provoking him to tell me why he's asking me in the first place. I have seen Tomoyo use this tactic all the time and knowing Touya... It will work.

Touya's eyebrows furrow in frustration trying to keep his professional side to his kouhai, but it quickly falters. "Okay! Okay! I'll tell you... I'm planning to see Misaki again~ I want to surprise her!" Touya tells me and I give him a deadpan look.

"That's it. Okay then," I reply back expecting a more interesting answer from him. I try to maneuver through him, but he stops me.

"Wait. Is there enough room for me in the school bus?" Touya asks me and I frown.

"It's only for the team." I answer and rub my forehead in exhaustion from this conversation. "Besides wouldn't Rina get angry for having you ditch club activities to go watch your sister-in-law's game." I point out to him and he shakes his head.

"Rina's going to go to the game too." Touya tells me and my eyes widen hearing his response.

"I don't know why Rina's going to the game, but why don't you just ask Rina to give you a ride?" I tell him and his shoulders droop down.

"I can't... if she sees me she'll probably beat me down," he tells me with a frightened look on his face.

A sweatdrop falls behind the back of my head as I imagine Rina beating Touya with a paper fan for ditching club activities. "Whatever it's your fault for ditching so much. Even if there is enough room in the bus, I wouldn't offer you a seat." I go around him and he pulls on my arm.

"My car broke down yesterday and now I can't drive anywhere. How am I ever going to see her game?! It might be her last game too!" Touya begs to me and I turn away from the pitiful third year.

I hear his gross tears of sadness as he sobs at the corner of the room. Goddamn this melodramatic blond hair president!

"You're an idiot," I bluntly tell him and watch him turn to stone in shock. After I tell him that I think of a simple, clear solution that wouldn't lead me back into a circle with Touya. "Try to ask Tomoyo for a ride, she's probably going to the game since I'm the one coaching the game." I advise him and his eyes light up.

"That's right Tomoyo still owes me for helping her!" Touya randomly states much to my confusion. I'm not going to even ask. "Natsuki! You're the best! I might actually have some hope now!!" He happily thanks me and I smile seeing the overly happy president jump around in joy like a dog.