14. A Sweet Aftertaste

Natsuki POV
(Next Day - During lunch)

I watch Tomoyo furiously type on her laptop. Just seeing her so focused on her work, my instincts are telling me that there's no need to bother her. I rest myself against the balcony wall and sleepily yawn as the burning hot sun shines down on me making me want to fall asleep. I can't wait for the lunch period to end, it's not really fun when Tomoyo isn't being all loud and obnoxious.

Out of boredom, I take my cellphone and scroll around the stock market just to see how my father's company is doing. His stocks went up probably because of his announcement of having someone else take my position as heir of the Serizawa family. Next I decide to check through my text messages and see a message from Tomoe about a class assignment and another one from Jun. I open Jun's message and I'm quickly reminded about the celebration party.

< Go ask Tomoyo to make food for us!!! ^.^ >

Seriously he couldn't be anymore blunt to want Tomoyo's homemade food.

"Tomoyo do you want to come to my house today?" I lazily ask as I take a milk carton from my backpack, but I don't receive a response. "...Tomoyo, guess what you can make me some of your homemade food in my kitchen," I tell her again a bit louder than before, but she totally ignores me.

I crush the straw and my eyebrow twitches in annoyance. "Oi Tomoyo what are you doing?" I stand up and go towards her to see why she's not listening to me. "You better be ignoring me for a good reason!" I shout and as I take a peek at what she's typing on her laptop. Once I saw her laptop screen, I began to hate my curiosity and wish I never even gave an effort to get her attention.

The 50 Ways to Ruin Tsukishima Kei's Life!!!!!

Tsukishima Kei... I may not know him well as a person... But I know that once Tomoyo hates someone, she would not stop until she sees that person begging on their knees. I give him my silent prayers and reach my arm out to close off her laptop. "Natsu-sama what are you doing!?" Tomoyo angrily shouts.

"Well I'm not plotting to ruin someone's life, I can guarantee that," I bluntly answer.

"I'm not scheming anything," she shakes her in rejection to the truth and I pull on her ear to make her stop.

"TO-MO-YO!" I shout in her ears and she covers her ears.

I sigh, "I've been trying to talk to you this entire time, but you've been ignoring me." I tell her and show her my text message from Jun. "Do you want to have a celebration dinner with me and Jun? The old man got himself a promotion."

Her eyes widened in pure surprise. "Really~ Sorry Natsu-sama. I was just so engrossed into making some plans," she says and grins. "Of course I'll cook for you, Natsu-sama, any day any time all you have to do is have high expectations for today's meal." She joyfully puts her laptop away. "Look forward to it."

(Dinner at Natsuki's house)

"Itadakimasu," everyone says ready to eat the homemade food that Tomoyo made. Jun digs his face down on his food and I slowly use my chopsticks to grab some of the food Tomoyo makes. Tomoyo sits down waiting to hear our responses.

"This is the best food I ever ate, Tomoyo I'm so glad you're Natsuki's friend," Jun compliments her and continues chewing down on the dish. "You always make the best food whenever you come over~" Jun smiles and gives me a death stare waiting to hear my response.