8. Skills... No Skills

Natsuki POV

"So huge... the gym... The people," Hinata clings onto his bag nervously as he looks around the gymnasium like a wild animal. I survey the gym as I watch the boys practicing their spikes and receives. I heard about Seijoh being one of the best teams in the prefecture, but they aren't nearly as good as Shiratorizawa. I can tell just from looking at their practices that they aren't even close to rigorous training, but Karasuno is just the same so i guess it balances out.

"Greetings." Daichi calls out.

"Nice to meet you!" Karasuno shouts across the gym.

"Nice to meet you!" Aobajousai replies back with the same greeting.

Daichi surveys the gym. "Aobajousai is known for their skilled players for equal offense and defense," Daichi says as he watches the practice. "These guys can go to any school and become an ace."

"Their blocks are super powerful too," Sugawara adds on to Daichi's words. "What do you think Natsuki?"

"Hmmm... I would say that Seijou is impressive to have a good balance of players," I admit as I see them play. If you were comparing them to Karasuno then I would say that Aobajousai has the advantage.

"What's the matter you guys?" Tanaka pops up and pats them on the back. "We got Hinata to throw them into a loop right? He grins and Hinata's face turns pale. "It's okay Hinata, we know you're lousy, so we'll back you up." Tanaka pats him on the back and Hinata's face lightens up a bit.

"R-Right..." Hinata answers with more confidence.

Hmmm... not bad words from Tanaka. I always thought he was another volleyball idiot, but maybe he's actually a person who brings the team's encouragement for when the times get rough.

"But when you serve you're all on your own and that's you can't miss," Tanaka adds on and Hinata's confidence goes down quickly. "Hahaha just kidding. Missing a serve isn't that bad right. You don't have to worry about a thing and --," Tanaka jokes around and tries to pat Hinata, but swings his arm around in the air. "Huh where did Hinata go?"

Nevermind, he's an idiot. I swear this team just makes me think of one thing and then turn it around a couple of seconds later. I walk over to the benches and I already hear some girls from Aobajousai's volleyball team talking about me. Along with them I hear the head coach and coach for Aobajousai whispering about me too.

Sheesh. It's supposed to be my free day today, but I end up sitting down next to muffled noise.

Tch. I click my tongue if they have something to say to me then they can go ahead and say it.

As I think this, I see the head coach walk over to me. "Natsuki Serizawa. The Merciless Queen from Shiratorizawa. Am I correct?" The head coach asks me and my irritation must have shown up on my face because he shudders from seeing me. "Are you the coach for this team?" He takes a glance at the team.

"My name is Natsuki Tsukiyomi and I'm a student from Karasuno, but yes I am the same person that you're talking about," I spit out the words that make me want to puke. "However I am not the coach for this team. I'm just a viewer." I bluntly answer, leaving his mouth open as I leave to sit next to Takeda-sensei. I can't believe that after two years people still remember me with that nickname. It's not something that I'm proud of either.

(Game time)

"I got the ball," Daichi shouts as the ball comes over to him. He's in the perfect stance to get a nice receive to start off the game, but out of nowhere Hinata comes out and hits the volleyball.

"Idiot that's not your ball!" Kageyama angrily shouts at Hinata who flinches in fear.

"I'm sorry!" He bows his head and Kageyama just glares at him.