17. Late Night Practice

Natsuki POV
(In the first years room)

I lay down looking at the ceiling fan with one thought in mind. Is it possible for me to coach a team? I quit volleyball expecting myself to not come back. I thought that it was the end, but now I'm coaching for a team. Even if I had the motivation to be a coach or a volleyball player, it would still be hard to achieve anything if I can't see others for them rather than myself. The worst part of this is how I know it's my problem... I'm fully aware of it and I don't know how to fix it.

"Um. Natsuki what drink do you want?" Sakura happily asks me.

I snap back to my senses and realize that Sakura was asking me and the 1st years what drinks they wanted. I'm just not really in the mood for anything right now, but it would seem surprising if I don't get anything to drink.

"I'll get strawberry milk," I hesitantly tell her. "Why are you getting drinks anyways?" I ask.

"We played Rock Paper Scissors and I lost," Sakura pouts. "I put in rock and everyone else put in paper."

After hearing her explanation, I sigh. I know that playing Rock Paper Scissors isn't easy since that game isn't out of skill but by sheer luck which is something I'm not really born with.

I watch Sakura take her leave and decided that it was time to take a breather too. Being in this room is just going to make me think more and more about volleyball.

I laugh. I try to avoid volleyball but all I can think about is volleyball. I must be crazy.

"Hey Kageyama take my strawberry milk. I'm going to head out." I tell him as I toss him my strawberry milk, but Hinata comes and blocks my way.

"Where are you going Natsuki?" Hinata asks me and I shrug.

"I'm just going to get some fresh air," I vaguely tell him. I quickly take my leave before any more questions could be asked. I shut the 1st year's door and head out. When I reached the front exit of the training camp facility I take a stop and turn back to the person following me, "Kageyama you're not a ninja, I knew you were behind me the entire time." I comment and he flinches surprised.

"H-how did you know?" He nervously asks me.

"I've been trained to be aware of my surroundings," I tell him, "and besides it was pretty obvious that you were behind me by how loudly you were walking." He blushes out of embarrassment and I sigh in response. "Why did you follow me?"

"Well you said you wanted to take a breather and I wanted to take one too," he answers. "Practice playing volleyball with me. It'll take your mind off things," He suggests and I stare at him with a deadpan look.

Volleyball is the thing I'm trying to escape from. Not to mention why is he asking me of all people to play with him?

"Just ask Hinata or something, he'll love to play with you," I monotonously say and push the responsibility to Hinata, but Kageyama shakes his head.

"I need someone different to play with. I'm asking for you no one else," Kageyama confidently declares and my face slightly blushes from his straightforward words.

No one has ever told me that they wanted to just because of me. It's been so long since someone told me something like that.

I click my tongue to hide my embarrassment. "Fine. I'll practice with you."

Kageyama POV
(In the gym)

"Kageyama get ready for another left hand serve," Natsuki shouts. She throws the ball up in the air perfectly and hits the ball at its center point with her left hand. The volleyball begins to rotate tremendously and I end up not being able to receive the volleyball once again.