9. Full of Surprises

Kageyama POV

All the anger and irritation flows through me as I feel the pain on the back of my head. Hinata!!!!! I turn around with my rage being released as I see the nervous Hinata shaking in fear from my gaze with sweat quickly running down his body.

Daichi comes over panicking, "W-Wait Kageyama let's not get angry! I understand how you feel, but control yourself!" He tries to calm me down, but I just give a murderous look right back at him.

"... I haven't ... said anything yet, though." I answer. Daichi shudders and quickly backs away from me.

'"B-Bwhaha!! Ooi how's the back of your head doing !!!!" Tanaka starts laughing behind me as he points to my head.

"The back of your head is looking good!!!" Tsukishima adds in and starts laughing alongside Tanaka.

"I shouldn't have to tell you guys not to stir things up!!!" Sugawara whispers to the team, but it's loud enough for me to hear.

"Stop that you guys!!!" Daichi tries to stop them, but he knows they won't.

I creepily walk to Hinata with a mass load of anger flowing through me. "..........Hey you." I say and he flinches.

".... Yes", he answers and avoids all eye contact with me.

"Just what are you scared of that makes you so nervous??? Is it because your opponents are tall... Is it because it's your first match???" I ask him and he just nervously stays silent to my questions. "The thing you're most scared of to such an extent that you'd drive a serve into the back of my head..." I continuously smack my head as he just stands there not saying a word. "What is it that makes you this scared?" I ask him again in a hauntingly way.

"... Nothing particular comes to mind," he answers with the same expression on his face.
"I see. Then you don't have a reason to be nervous anymore, now do you." I smack my head again behind me and Hinata just stands there. "You already ended up doing it. The thing you feared the most." I say. "... So now... HURRY UP AND GET BACK TO MOVING THE WAY USUALLY DO!! GODDAMMIT!!!" I angrily shout at him and he jolts back surprised.

Hinata calms down and comes into a realization. "Huh? I'm not in trouble with that screw-up just now!?" Hinata asks me in amazement and I give an annoyed look.
"Hah!? What the hell are you talking about," I retort back. Everyone on this team is a player that's needed even if they're this terrible, I think to myself. I take a glance at Natsuki sitting on the bench with an amused look on her face. "And you better watch me play! I'll show you how good of a setter I am!" I shout at her and her eyes widen.

I just have to show her my skills and this is my chance.

The serve goes and Ennoshita receives it. I quickly run to the ball ready to set it.

"Adjust your speed to match up with theirs"

I think about how Natsuki said to change my toss when I first met her. So in order to make it more comfortable for Hinata....I'm just going to have to do that! I watch Hinata sprint to an empty side of our opponents net. Right there! I set the ball to him and watch it smack easily down to the other side.

Natsuki POV
(Time-out)

It's their time-out now but I'm starting to see how Karasuno really plays. Hinata, especially started off so nervous in the game but he changed a lot and now the team is starting to come together.