23. Facing myself

Natsuki POV
(After school - Photography club)

"Everyone let's welcome back Sakura and Natsuki to our club," Touya cries waterfalls of tears of happiness as he announces this to the club. Rina pulls a party popper out of nowhere and the confetti starts flying everywhere.

"Welcome back!" Everyone shouts. I look around the classroom to see a festive air take place in our arrival. Hm that's probably why Tomoyo seemed so excited about being back in the club tomorrow. I bet everyone probably just wanted to have an excuse to have a party and eat Tomoyo's food. Yet it does make me feel happy that they miss us. This place has always been a second home to me ever since I came to Karasuno.

"Thanks," Sakura smiles back at them enthusiastically and I nod my head in the same expression of gratitude.

Tomoyo suddenly stands in between with a huge apple cider bottle in her hands, "You guys we need to have a toast!" I watch the happy Tomoyo as she violently shakes the apple cider bottle.

Once I see her shake the cider, my eyes widen and I can already predict what stupid moment would happen. I watch the cider start bubbling up and loudly explode in the classroom. The bottle cap flies randomly through the room hitting the walls and ends up aiming at Sota's head.

"Geh!" Sota's forehead gets hit and a big bruise forms.

Damn! That bottle cap is accurate! It got him right on the head.

"Grrr" I turn to hear the growling noise which came from Tomoe, who's face currently looks like an angry demon. The drink spilled all over him and now he's completely soaked in Apple cider. A sweat drop falls behind my head seeing the scene take place. I seriously wonder who brought the apple cider in the first place.

"TOMOYO!!!" Tomoe and Sota glare at Tomoyo as they slowly walk towards her and crack their fist in revenge.

"Hehe," Tomoyo scratches the back of her head and just gives a big smile in response as if she never did anything wrong in the first place..... Idiot.

"Please let's make peace," Touya pulls both of them by their arms, trying to stop the violence before it can take place. A small smile forms on my face. The club is coming back to what it used to be. A club of a bunch of problematic kids. The old club president, Kaiji, would be happy to see that the club hasn't changed.

"Uhm." Rina clears her throat to make everyone know that she wants their attention. We continue watching, not hearing Rina and her annoyance level grows. "UHM!" She violently smacks Tomoyo's, Tomoe's, Touya's, and Sota's heads to get their attention. The place she hits on their heads swollen up to a large bump even larger than the bottle cap bump Sota got earlier.

I didn't get hurt, but I can feel the same pain as them watching them get hit like that. Rina is the mother of the club after all. No one wants to make her angry. I'm petrified just seeing Rina take action, maybe it's a good thing she isn't president. Everyone turns their attention to her in fear of what she will do next.

"While the two of you were gone, the club got bigger with two new people rejoining us," she calmly says as she steps on Touya's back. He tries to get up, but struggles on doing so.

Rest in peace Touya, I think to myself.

I notice Sakura trying to help Touya, but I quickly stop her before she makes the biggest mistake of her life. "Don't do it, just every person for themselves when it comes to Rina," I whisper to her and she stops.

Everyone continues to watch Touya squirm helplessly as Rina mercilessly steps on him with a frightening expression on her face. I never met someone so scary when it came to violence like her.