Chapter 69

To fantasize about how life is supposed to go will do nothing to help, but it does, in fact, only ever destroy what turns out to be better than what it could have been like. It is because our expectations are too high, since we let our dreams interfere with what we actually need and what will keep us going.

So I stop thinking about how this meeting should be, what I would like it to be like. I just relax into the chair and keep myself quiet and as relaxed as possible. We got into an entire empty house on purpose, because last time Harry met his mother the thing did not went as well as it would be when other children meet their mother. Actually, it was worse than my meeting with Samantha in a way I cannot even put in words.

"You're not really confortable, hm?" Harry guesses next to me and puts his hand on my inner thigh.

Others would probably ask him to take his hand away, but it calms me to know that he is as cool as he is now. Him touching me always seems to be a sign of his conscience being present. This is somehow important. Maybe he does not see it like that, but I certainly do.

So I tell him the truth as I always do. "Not really. She's your mother after all."

My head turns, almost without my doing, and I look straight at him. While I had put on very tight, deep blue jeans, black heels and one of my most favorite blouses, Harry, as usual, wears a black shirt, black jeans and black boots. His hair is a mess and he wears sunglasses. His tattoos are for everyone to stare at and he has all his piercings in again. The eyebrow one, those double rings in his lip and the Septum, too. When he licks his lips in a sexy gesture, he also shows off his Tongue-Rim piercing. But that one I got used to and I know what it feels like to have it in some very sensitive places. The bracelet that absolutely looks like a chain from a bicycle is there as always.

Next to me, he probably looks like a total badass. Jesus, I am the sheep and he is the wolf. That's what it feels like anyway. Only that he does not want to eat me, instead he protects me from other wolfs who might come to hurt me.

"Let me just say this" he mumbles and looks at me with those green, green eyes. "It doesn't have to work out. Really, I don't want any of my family to suddenly be what family should be. The only thing that could in any way disappoint me is you.. not being on my side. As long as it is you and me, I don't give a fuck about anybody else. You got me?"
"You were kind of glad that Ash and I got along" I object.

He rolls his eyes. "Ash is something else entirely. He's more family than any person connected to me via biology. Feel me?"

I nod and he continues. "It's not important whether they become part of my life or not. Importance has you being by my side."

"And if I'd try to have them in your life?" I do not really want to ask this, but I know I have to. Because this might be, what I want to do. Might, not has to be!

Harry shrugs. "If it makes you happy, try. But I can assure you that I'll show you what I think 'bout that the second you do."

Oh. "I didn't mean that I would force them into your life. I just thought that maybe-"

He smiles warmly at me. "I know. Good intentions always, that's you."

My heart gets a few degrees warmer in my chest and I relax a little. But when I want to answer, I hear a now familiar voice call my boyfriend's name.

"Hi" Harry's mum says when she reaches the desk and looks at the both of us.

I stand up and clear my throat while also holding out my hand so that she can take it. "Angeleyna Lyall, as you already know."

She takes it and this time she smiles at me. "Anne Twist."

I smile and look at the woman next to her who has blue hair and a huge smile. I offer her my hand as well and she takes it with a strong grip. "Gemma. Nice meeting you."