Chapter 1

I frown and look around. I am not in the burning house, there is no fire. I am all alone in my room.

Well, not too long, because my biggest brother Luces is crashing into the darkness which is in my room and tries to find out where the switcher is. I close my eyes before he finds it and a second later the light turns on. Good that I closed my eyes. My brother wasn't that clever and is now swearing.

"Ley?" I hear him saying silently.

"I bet you can't see me though the light is on" I say and whimper to try having a look at him.

He rubs his eyes with his fists and yawns. "It's half past four on the morning, Ley. I am tired as hell and I have to drive you over to London tomorrow in the morning which takes me three hours to get there and three to get back. I don't want to see you, I only want to know if you're ok?!"

I look at him, finally being able to see something. "Sure I am. Why shouldn't I?"

Luces sighs. "Maybe, because you were screaming like someone wanted to kill you?"

"I did?" I wonder and stare at him.

He finally get his view back and looks at me. "Yes, you did. Loud. Too loud."

"Nightmare." I say and shrug my shoulders.

Luces watches my every move and then nods. "Try to get some sleep. We will leave around ten."

I nod. "Thank you, and sorry."

"Doesn't matter" he says and leaves the room again, leaving me alone in the dark.

"Yeah" I whispered "I do not matter"

I lie back down and closed my eyes.

When will those nightmares find an end?

My alarm clock wakes me up at eight and tells me it's time to leave my home.

I stand up and take a shower before I put some stuff on. It's the end of August, so I decide to just wear a long, skinny jeans, black chucks and a grey top with a black cardigan. I then take my back and go into the kitchen where my brother is already waiting for me.

"You look quiet happy" he lets me know and gives me a small smile.

"I am!" I tell him and nod, smiling along.

I really am happy and I am looking forward to finally meet my oldest friend again. She's the one telling me I should come over and visit her. But I am also leaving because there is a job I would like to do. And she told me a long time ago there is a girl that can live with me together in an apartment. She said it is a big apartment and I only have to pay half of the money. So I hoped I could live there and because I am a lucky girl I am now going to live there with this unknown girl. Her name is Joanna. That's all I know about the girl.

"So then let's leave" Luces says "We will just drive around Danyon's to say good bye."

Danyon is my other brother. He is older than me as well, just like Luces. Danyon lives a few minutes away from us and to drive by to say goodbye is a very good idea. I will not see him for a long time and I would prefer seeing him before leaving this town.

"We have all four cases" Luces states and then sits down next to me.

"I am a bit nervous" I tell him and give him a small, shy smile.

"You don't have to be" he says and grins "you'll have a lot of fun over there."

I watch the house go by as Luces starts to drive. We drive down the street and my tummy is full with butterflies. I hope I will have a lot of fun.

At least I can come back here whenever I want to.