II

Beca had just found the energy to wiggle out of her clothing under the sheets, as Kimmy Jin let Chloe in on her way out. Sitting on the foot of Beca's bed, Chloe held out Beca's coffee. "Hold on," Beca giggled, wriggling from under the covers, with only her undergarments on. The girls had changed in front of each other before, but each time Chloe's breath was taken away. Beca slipped on a low cut V-neck tee and tight blue jeans. Why did Beca have to do this to Chloe?

"Bec..." Chloe tried to swallow the groan but it came out quietly.

"What?" Beca exclaimed grabbing her coffee from Chloe's hand and plopping down next to Chloe, who of course, being Chloe, moved closer to Beca. "So why'd we meet for coffee, not that I don't super appreciate a free coffee and a pretty face." Beca teased, nudging Chloe. Chloe threw her arms around Beca, though today it felt different.

"I missed you." Chloe giggled, knowing Beca wouldn't read too much into the statement. If they hadn't seen each other for a day Chloe said she missed Beca. It had been almost two weeks since they'd seen each other. With no Bella's rehearsal, now that the season was over, and finals approaching, the girls both had little time and most of Beca's free time was spent with Jesse. Chloe groaned internally. Jesse. Chloe was finally getting up the courage to make a move with Beca when they kissed. After nationals, Beca had gone into the audience and macked on the treble. Still almost two weeks later, Chloe could barely look at Beca when Aubrey pushed her to ask Beca out for coffee.

"I missed you too Beale." Beca responded, trying to be casual. She wasn't good at the whole emotions thing. Hell, she didn't let anyone in. Well, anyone but Chloe. Somehow the bubbly ginger had wormed her way past Beca's extreme walls and Beca didn't hate it. At first the close contact irritated Beca, but now the past two weeks had seemed torturously long. Beca had been going through some stuff, well issues really, and not having the senior there sucked.

"Aw... Mitchell you're such a softie." Chloe teased, her arms still around Beca and her mouth just inches from Beca's ear.

"Shut up," Beca mumbled blushing a little. She didn't understand how Chloe could make her feel so many emotions at one moment. She was embarrassed and a little hurt, but still so happy to have the ginger wrapped around her. Then there was the issue of the other feeling: a calm, safe feeling that Beca had never really felt before. She suppressed with all her might the feeling that she wanted Chloe.

"You know you'd be lost without me Bec" Chloe grinned, a bright grin. She looked at the younger girl. Beca smiled back, but she looked so conflicted, like she was battling something in her head. Beca rolled her eyes, but Chloe thought she saw something. Some sort of lust in Beca's eyes. Of course not Chloe. Chloe scolded herself. Beca was probably thinking of Jesse, or maybe Chloe just wanted to see it. Chloe coughed, covering another exasperated groan. Why was she so enamored with someone she couldn't have?

"Penny for your thoughts," Beca offered pulling out a shiny penny from her pocket.

"ICCA Finals" Chloe giggled, wondering why Beca had a random penny in her pocket. Then again, why did she even wonder? Beca was always an odd duck, don't you wish she were your odd duck her thoughts taunted her. Beca sighed.

"Good night." Beca half lied. She had loved the euphoria that followed winning and the hugs and togetherness of her team, especially Chloe if she was being honest with herself, but she hated what she started on that high. Jesse was a friend. He was always better as a friend, but in her euphoric state, she kissed him. The moment she had done it, she felt it was wrong. It wasn't his lips she wanted to feel.

"Yes it was," Chloe sighed, resting her head on Beca's shoulder. In that moment Beca couldn't deny what she felt. Goddamn Chloe.

A/N: I didn't like that chapter that much but this is one of my first times really writing this kind of stuff so bear with me. I'm trying. I'll try to get another chapter up today or tomorrow but I'm trying to go to bed not at 6am again, so we'll see. Peace out.