XXX

"Can we talk?" Chloe cracked the door open to Beca and Fat Amy's shared room. Chloe could hear Amy's roaring voice from down the stairs, so she knew if anyone were in the room, it would only be Beca. As expected, the small brunette was sitting at her mac station, probably working on a new mix.

"Yeah," Beca twirled around in her chair, her hands already fiddling around.

"It shouldn't be that bad," Chloe smiled motioning to Beca's hands. Beca laughed.

"Picked up on that all ready?" Beca referred to her nervous tic. Chloe laughed at the nerves in Beca's voice.

"It doesn't take a genius Bec." Chloe bit her lip, sitting down on Beca's bed. "Anyway, we have to talk about dinner. I need to apologize." Chloe's face became a dark pink, which confused Beca greatly.

"For what? Why the blush?" Beca stood up and sat next to Chloe on the bed.

"You can be so dense." Chloe groaned in frustration. Did Beca seriously not figure that Chloe wanted to talk about the kiss. During dinner they just chalked it up to old emotions and silly things. Amy could see through those excuses though. She had given Chloe quite the sarcastic look. But not Beca, no, Beca seemed to buy the bullshit excuse.

"I'm sorry?" Beca was slightly offended by the comment. Why would Chloe think she was dense?

"The kiss." Chloe's nerves evaporated from the exasperation.

"Oh." Beca flushed a light pink, then tried furiously, with no success, to cover up the blush. The kiss at Olive Garden was something she had spent quite a chunk of time thinking about. Chloe called the old feelings, not current feelings. Beca's emotions toward Chloe were most definitely current. "Look Chlo don't be sorry. I should probably be the one knocking on your door. I shouldn't have kissed you at Christmas," Beca forced a smile, "I'm still kinda getting over you but I swear I'll be perfectly normal and we can just do what we did last year before we tried this out and well minus the shower..." Beca was spewing words. Chloe thought it was pretty cute, but she knew she should give the girl a break.

"Beca." Chloe pronounced the name slowly, every letter being pronounced. "Don't be sorry." Chloe let her hand rest on Beca's check. Beca's eyelids fluttered, obviously uncomfortable. "I understand if the answer is no, but," Chloe took a deep breath in, "do you maybe want to start-"

"Yes." Beca interrupted, Chloe had no idea at the time that this would become a pattern.

"You didn't let me finish!" Chloe tried really hard to hid the smile dying to break though. Beca pouted, but bit her tongue, motioning for Chloe to continue. "Would you maybe like to start new? Try one more time?" Beca nodded, grinning.

"But you have to promise me something." Beca attempted to look serious.

"What?" Chloe stopped trying to hide the smile. Not only was on her face, but also in her eyes.

"No more eating cupcakes like an idiot." Beca grinned causing Chloe to shove her slightly and stick out her tongue at Beca, but that's how Beca knew. That's how Beca knew that things were back to normal and everything would be okay.