16.

Arriving back at the Survey Corps, you got off your horse, H/N, and plopped down on the floor.

"Oh my gosh, my butt hurts so bad from ridding my horse for too long!" You wined. "At least we finally get to rest."

Jean stood beside you. "I don't think you'll rest for long. We have to prepare for the 58th expedition tomorrow."

"What!" You yelled.

"You better pack up." Jean said.

You grunted. "But we just got back! How can there be an expedition anyway if there was one not long ago!"

"The ones in charge don't care if we just got done with anything. Besides, we have to make up the 57th expedition because of the Female Titan." Jean explained.

"Oh. I see." You said.

Levi walked by.

"The ground is filthy, get up." He said.

You got up and dusted yourself. "Hehe, sorry. Um can I ask you something?"

"I guess." Levi said.

"In private." You looked at Jean who was still standing there.

Jean noticed you were talking about him. "Oh, sure, I'll leave." Jean left and headed somewhere else.

You got closer to Levi so you would talk. "About your old squad...what happened to them?"

Levi's expression changed. "I don't want to talk about it."

"But-"

He raised his voice. "Shut it! I don't want to talk about it!"

You didn't expect that answer in a raised voice. "I-I'm sorry, Levi."

Levi stared at the ground for a while. "Sorry about that. I'll tell you."

You prepared to listen.

"My old squad consisted of four people. Gunther, Oulo, Eld, and..." Levi paused for a moment. "Petra."

"Did they mean anything to you?" You asked.

"Yes. They all did. They were an amazing squad. Until that b!tch killed them." Levi said with a slight bit of anger.

"Annie? I think she was just misunderstood." You said.

Levi glared at you with unnoticeable tears forming in his eyes. "She killed them, she killed them all. Does that answer your question?"

You nodded. You were reluctant to say anything after why you heard an you felt your eyes get glossy. Then you remembered why you joined the Survey Corps. "Do you know why I joined the Survey Corps?"

"Why?" Levi said.

"My parents, they were eaten alive by Titans when I was a child. I wasn't able to do anything about it!" You made fists in your hands. Tears began to fall out your eyes. "I wanted to avenge them and follow their wish to go outside the walls!"

"You sound like Eren now." Levi pulled you closer to him and began to hug you. "It's ok. I know how you feel about loosing someone important to you. I've lost many."

You continued to cry in his arms. "Really?"

"Really." He said, stroking your hair.

You looked at his face. "You know, your not like what people say you are."

"Stop crying. You better go get ready for tomorrow and not tell anyone about what happened just now. I have a reputation." Levi said letting you go.

You dried your eyes with your sleeve. "I won't."

"You better I don't just tell anyone these things."

"I promise." You said with your hand up.

"Good, and when we go on the expedition, you should ride next to me. Since of my promise with you." Levi said.

"I will but I can take care of myself, you know." You said.

When you got to your room, you laid on your bed. Thinking of what will happen.

A/N: for those who can read and/or "use" swear words I will censor them