18.

Holding your horses reins tightly in your hands, you approached the walls, getting closer with each step. Your stomach felt empty and not just because you didn't eat anything for breakfast, it was of anxiety.

"Y/N, keep up with the pace." Levi said.

You sat up straiter. "Yes, Captain."

The sky had a light grey tint. Humidity filled the air, making it sticky and hot.

People were crowded along the houses. They all observed everyone in the Survey Corps. Kids watched in awe.

"Look! There's Captain Levi!" A person in the crowd yelled.

Levi rolled his eyes. "Tch, shut up."

The line came to a halt. Erwin was in front on the formation. He gave a quick little speech.

"Y/N, you still remember your position in the formation, right?" Armin asked from behind.

"Ha. Of course I do." You said.

"Where, then?" He asked slyly.

You stuttered a bit. "Um, were you are, duh." You said.

Armin glared at you. "You didn't study it, did you?"

"Yes I did! I just don't remember!" You thought for a few seconds and it popped into your head. "We're at the center back of the formation. The safest place." You said

"At least you have me to help you." He said.

"Well I don't spend my free time studying everything." You said.

"We'll I don't lay around being lazy." Armin spat back.

"Nerd."

"Lazy."

You and Armin laughed at each others comments and stopped messing around with each other.

Just then, the gates to the wall opened slowly. Just watching them open made your stomach turn. You weren't sure if it was of fear or excitement, but it felt... Wired.

Your hands were still holding on tightly on the reins. Levi, since being next to you, noticed.

"Don't be scared. You can finally see beyond the walls." Levi said.

"Yeah, your right." You said.

"Got your drawing pad? There's a canyon were we'll be resting nearby at." Levi said.

You nodded and patted your little cross bag. "Right here."

"Good."

The gates were now fully opened. Cadets started to get their horses to move. You did the same.

"Forward!" Erwin yelled.

Your horse started to follow everyone else.

"It'll be fine, Y/N." Eren yelled from behind of Levi.

You were getting closer and closer to the outside world beyond the walls. Your grip was now even tighter than before on the reins.

'Outside world.' You said. 'Here I come.'

A/N: I Know it's short >.< don't kill meh