31.

You followed Mikasa to the meeting, wondering what the reason would be for calling one on such a short notice. You made it inside the meeting room with everyone from Hanji's squad and Levi's squad was there with Erwin standing in front. You and Mikasa found empty seats between Levi and Armin and sat there waiting for the meeting to begin.

"Thank you all for coming for this urgent meeting." Erwin said. "I've gathered you all here because Commander Pixis of the Southern Territories has just informed me that one of his cadets have found a woman that crawled in from a hole in wall rose unnoticed by Titans."

Everyone was quiet from the unexpected news.

Erwin continued anyway. "She told them that she was experimented on by a group that live somewhere outside Maria while she was kept prisoner by them. Unfortunately, that's all the information we got out of her since she died only minutes after they brought her to an infirmary."

Hanji shot up from her seat. "What! She came from outside Wall Maria, completely overran by titans, without being eaten by one!"

Erwin nodded. "Yes, Hanji. That is what Pixis told me."

"But how was she able to go unnoticed by them?" You asked.

"For now, we do not know the reason. We have been making predictions on how she could have gone unnoticed but our main inference is that the group she was captured by somehow managed to find a way for humans to become invisible. The only question is how." Said Erwin.

"Why only tell us about this?" Eren questioned. "Why not let everyone else in the Survey Corps know?"

Erwin crossed his arms. "This information could cause panic in our troops and civilians if word got out. Plus, if that so called group has a spy among us they would know our every move."

"Erwin is right." Armin said. "We saw what happened with Annie, how do we know if there are any more traitors?"

"Is that why it's only a select few of us? To keep this information private?" You said.

Erwin nodded. "Yes, that is exactly why. All of you here fought in the Stohess District regarding the female titan incident with Y/N as an exception since she was doing her special training." He paced back and forth as he spoke. "For now, none of you have done anything to make me suspect that you are traitors of any sort. All of you have dedicated your brave hearts to humanity generously. Since I trust you all, I'm sure none of this information will become public knowledge. We need to fully evaluate the situation before it does."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Erwin sat down and crossed his legs. "We will head to the wall tomorrow morning. Thank you, you're all dismissed."

Everyone stood up and saluted before they left. No one said a word, they were too nervous on what could develop afterwards.

- - -

"Come on H/N, we're going on a trip." You said as you put your saddle on your horse. You brushed her mane with your fingers and scratched behind its ear. A silent yawn escaped your lips.

Armin laughed at your yawn. "Not a morning person are you?"

You got on your horse and stretched out your arms. "It's four in the morning!"

"Note to self: don't talk to Y/N I'm the morning." Armin said with a laugh. 

You laughed back and started to make your way to the rest of the group. Just as Erwin said it was only going to be a small group to evaluate the area were the small hole is in Wall Maria. Everyone was instructed to wake up early so that they can make it and get back as soon as possible after coming up with a plan to how this whole situation will work out.