27.

Eren ran ahead to the infirmary. He went somewhat slow due to all the running he did earlier and tripped once over a rock. Nice.

While Eren ran faster ahead, Levi was carrying you in his arms. He felt your forehead and it was blazing hot. He began to worry even more and started to run his way to the infirmary in his arms. Dirt covered your clothes but he didn't care, he cared more about you.

There were people already outside the infirmary waiting impatiently. Eren was also among them. The doctors quickly set aside a bed and Levi placed you down slowly. Two male doctors were already checking you.

"What happened?" The first doctor asked.

"She fainted after vomiting and running. She also has a fever when I felt her forehead." Levi said.

"She's been like this for a while now. All she ever said to us is that she wasn't feeling well and never really said anything else." Eren added.

The second doctor was getting his tools out and helping the first doctor. "We need her name, age, and any allergies she might have." They were fast in setting up.

Levi stared down at your limp body. "Her name is Y/N L/N and she's twenty years old. She has no allergies from my knowledge. "

"Thank you very much, Captain. We'll do the best we can to find out what's wrong with her, but we need both of you to step out of the room so we can do our job, please." The first doctor said.

Eren nodded and headed out the door. Levi hesitated to leave, but left as soon as Eren did. He sat down beside Eren and stayed quiet, listening and waiting impatiently for the doctors to come back out.

A sigh escaped Eren's lips. "I hope Y/N's ok."

Levi didn't reply. An awkward silence was upon them.

---

About half an hour went by before one of the doctors came out. He had papers in his hand and blood covering his white coat. He stood in front of the men and fixed his notes. "We have good and bad news." Eren and Levi sat up in their seats and prepared to listen.

"Hurry up and tell us already." Levi said.

The doctor cleared his throat. "The good news is that she has woken up and is currently laying down on her bed and awake. She told us what she's been feeling these past days." He paused and wrapped his lips around his teeth. "The bad news is that we suspect her of having a very high case of Trichinosis, which can be deadly if it's not treated quick enough. She also coughed up blood, which is what is on my coat." Both Eren and Levi froze when they heard the work 'deadly'. "We don't know for sure if she has it, but we took blood samples from her just in case."

Levi clicked his tongue. "How long will it the blood samples take?"

"Maybe until later tonight. We need someone to stay with her to keep an eye on her. Would any one of you men like to stay?" Asked the doctor.

Eren opened his lips to speak but was cut off by Levi. "I will stay."

"Captain, you have important duties, dont you? This will get in the way so I should stay." Eren said to Levi.

Levi stared into Eren's eyes. "You have important training and exercises, do you not?" He folded one led on top of hid other. "Besides, I'll explain to Erwin and Hanji why Im out for whatever time period this takes. You on the other hand can get into trouble if you aren't attending any of the mandatory events."

Eren didn't argue and got up from his seat not even saying goodbye. "At least tell me how she's doing when you get the chance." He opened the door to the outside and stubbornly walked away. He felt a hand on his shoulder and saw Mikasa.