Irresistible

Almost six o' clock na ng umaga ng maghiwalay kami ni Althea.

I dropped her off sa hotel nila kasi alam kong pagod na siya after her concert and then sa aming night out sa beach.

We were inside my blue Honda roadster and the first time she saw it, hindi nito maitago ang admiration niya.

"Do you race?" tanong nito and my answer was a simple nod.

Thankfully hindi niya ako kinulit kasi I wasn't ready to reveal anything about that particular hobby of mine.

In the beginning, people are impressed that I do lalo na ang mga guys.

Then slowly, they get intimidated or have preconceived ideas about racing and racers.

So I try not to talk about it lalo na kung hindi naman kailangang pag-usapan.

Merong isang bagay na kinukulit sa akin si Althea.

Hindi ito pumayag na hindi ko ibigay ang phone number ko aside from one more request na I find endearing.

"Selfie talaga?" tanong ko as Althea moved closer to the driver seat to take our picture.

"Oo," sagot nito.

"I want to freeze this moment in time," dagdag pa nito as she positioned her phone for a better angle.

At hindi ito nakuntento sa isa lang.

She continuously pressed the button kaya we have a succession of photographs in varying poses.

Merong wacky, pacute at lovey-dovey with Althea and I pretending to kiss each other.

"Hmmm..." she said as she checked the pictures.

"Puro almost kiss naman karamihan," parang disappointed ito.

Napangiti lang ako sa sinabi niya.

"You have to earn the real one," I told her as she got back on her seat.

"I will do that," sabi nito as she looked at me.

I could see na she's smitten with me and it's so adorable how she tried to control her feelings but her beautiful dark brown eyes always gave her away.

Without saying anything, I leaned closer and kissed her on the cheek.

Nagulat ito at walang nasabi.

"Hayan na," I said to her.

"Will that be enough to tide you over till you get a real one?" I teased.

Tumango ito ng paulit-ulit at kitang-kita ko sa mukha niya na she was very happy.

"I'd better go," she placed her hand on the car door to open it but I held her back by pulling her hand.

Tiningnan ako ni Althea with a frown on her face.

"Thank you," I said to her.

"No," she replied.

"I should be the one to thank you for....this," sabi nito.

She paused for a bit bago nagsalita ulit.

"I have forgotten how it feels to be truly happy Jade," there was a sadness in her voice and I got curious.

Mukhang may pinaghuhugutan si Althea and I could feel her pain.

"Pero that's a story for next time," binuksan na nito ang pinto at naiwan akong nabitin sa kwento niya.

"Ang daya mo naman eh," kunwaring maktol ko.

"Bakit hindi mo pa sabihin ngayon?" pamimilit ko.

Pero mukhang desidido si Althea not to tell me.