Light 'Em Up (Part 1)

A/N: "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other."

Audrey Hepburn

***

The finale of this story is dedicated to my apprentice, love_p0psicles, and my friend, the "tattoo".

Your friendship, trust, confidence and belief in me are like oysters in my hand.

You have given me so much and though I don't deserve this treasure, I hold you close to my heart.

I hope that one day, we'll see each other and continue the journey to this wonderful friendship.

Namaste my friends!

XoXo

***

Sinabi ko sa sarili ko na after my break-up with Wila, magpapahinga muna ang puso ko.

Kaya lang, mukhang may ibang plano si Kupido para sa akin.

***

Nang makilala ko si Jade, hindi kasama sa vocabulary ang salitang pahinga.

The two of us have been through a lot together and when I say a lot, I mean.......a lot!

I've said that three times not just for emphasis or to make myself believe that those things happened to us because it did.

Thankfully, we survived the challenges brought on not only by circumstances but because of love.

Ah.....love.

A many splendored thing, the song said.

Love.....is all that matters.

The reason for being.

A reason to hold on to hope......to believe.

The soothing balm to a troubled soul.

The greatest!

***

I stood backstage, waiting for the concert to start.

Bago dumating ang araw na ito, all of us came to the arena to do sound checks and final preparations.

Walang elaborate set-up sa stage maliban sa arrangements ng instruments.

Our band was never into theatricals eversince we started pero this concert is different.

Mr. Jimenez insisted na we make a change, kahit ngayon lang.

Sino ba naman ako para tumanggi sa taong I considered my benefactor?

He was very happy when we agreed.

Sinabi pa niya na I don't have to worry kasi everything is insured.

Kaya naman bukod sa usual set-up, merong surprise na naghihintay sa mga manonood.

***

I looked around me and saw the expectant faces of my band mates, my friends, my second family.

Magkahalong excitement ang nararamdaman naming lahat habang hinihintay na magsimula ang show.

Sino ang makapagsasabi na dito din pala kami magkikita-kita?