The Unforgiven

A/N:

We have a choice about how we take what happens to us in our life and whether or not we allow it to turn us. We can become consumed by hate and darkness, or we're able to regain our humanity somehow, or come to terms with things and learn something about ourselves.

Angelina Jolie

***

Fearful but determined.

That's what I felt as I made my way back to the mansion.

Before I decided to go home and face what was waiting for me, Althea and I thought of the worse case scenarios na pwedeng mangyari.

Mas upset pa ako over the fact na naunahan ako ng columnist to tell my family about me and Althea.

I felt like hindi ko man lang naenjoy ang discovery about myself and this newfound love kasi difficulty na agad ang sumalubong sa amin.

Kahit yung intimate moment namin was overshadowed by this incident.

Althea comforted me by saying na maigi na habang maaga pa lang eh i-confront na namin ito.

"Besides, if you agreed to my plan na i-deny ang sitwasyon nating dalawa, mas masasaktan sila if in the end they found out na nagsisinungaling tayo."

We were seated on her couch at yakap niya ako.

She stroked my hair habang nag-uusap kami at kahit natatakot ako, I've never felt so secure.

Being with her gave me the courage to face my fears.

Umupo ako ng diretso and saw na nakatitig sa akin si Althea.

There was a combination of pride and worry in her face as I took her hand in mine.

"Don't worry, love." I squeezed her gently.

"Sabi nga nila, it gets better di ba?" ngumiti ako.

Tumango si Althea.

"Loving someone is never easy," I said to myself more than to her.

"But loving someone you're not supposed to love makes it even harder," dagdag ko.

"But who's to say whom your supposed to love or not di ba?" Althea asked me.

"May sariling paraan ang puso,"

"At dahil sa puso na yan," I pointed towards her chest, "kaya nandito tayong dalawa having this discussion."

Huminga siya ng malalim.

"Do you ever wish na hindi ako?" parang alanganing tanong nito sa akin.

May lungkot sa mga mata niya.

I held her hand tighter then shook my head.

Ngumiti ito.

"Alam mo Jade, if it was up to me, hindi ganito ang gusto kong mangyari."

"Anong nai-imagine mo?" curious na tanong ko.

Tumingin siya sa malayo.

"Gusto ko ng happiness and equality in the real world," sagot nito.

"I would like us to have our happy ever after,"

"I would like us to be treated us equals not us deviants," randam ko ang angst sa sinabi niya.

I touched her shoulder at lumingon ito sa akin.

"In short, you want a perfect world."

"Is that too much to ask?" bumalik ang ngiti sa mukha nito.