Betrayal

Chapter 7

I slept very well last night, although my body was sore. There was a knock at the door, and it slowly creaked open. "Good morning." Bruno said in that stubborn tone again. "Good morning." I said back. "I called your supervisor and I told him what happened, and he said to just take the day off and rest, and to call him when you're ready to come back." I felt...angry. "Why would you do that? Why would you call my boss and tell him what happened?" Bruno eyebrows shifted. "Look at you. You're swollen up. You are not physically nor emotionally ready for work at the moment. Besides, what if your 'husband' came back up there? He may bring a gun and shoot you. Who knows." I put my head down. "Sometimes he can lose his temper, and he gets very angry, it's practically normal." I said. "So you like it when he hits you!?" Bruno asked. "No! I'm j-just..." "Scared" Bruno finished my statement. I wiped my face, and drying my eyes as they filled with tears. He walked towards me and sat on the other side of the bed. "Strong women are not scared. Don't be scared." Bruno said softly. His voice was not stubborn anymore, but sincere.

I got out of the bed and I went to the kitchen with Bruno to have breakfast. He did not seem to be stubborn anymore. Maybe he is buoyant that I realize that my life may be at stake. "So do you have any clothes to wear? And we can wash those you are wearing." Bruno asked. "No." I retorted. Wait! I have an idea. "Nathaniel is not home, he is at work right now. I can go to my house and pack a bag of clothes. He will never know." Bruno was hesitant to my suggestion. "Do you really want to take that risk?" Bruno asked. "Yes. I do want to take this risk." I said. "So you can help me or not, I am getting my clothes." Bruno sucked his teeth in annoyance and frustration. "Fine. okay!"

When Bruno and I pulled up into the driveway of my home, we exited the car and quickly went inside. I dashed upstairs and grabbed my suitcase, and stuffed it with clothes such as: Tops, pants, shorts, underwear, bras, and other important necessities. Bruno helped look watch while I packed. "I don't have a good feeling about this." Bruno said. "I am almost done. Do not worry." I said in a rush. Bruno looked out of the window. "A car just pulled up in the driveway, beside your car." Bruno said. I quickly jumped up out of my place and searched out the window. A woman was walking to the door. I think Bruno and I were expecting to just hear the doorbell ring, but instead, we hear the locks turning. The woman was coming inside. What am I afraid for? This is my house. She should leave.

I continued to pack and I think the mystery woman heard me moving around upstairs, or may have seen Bruno. She walked upstairs, and cleared her throat. "Excuse me? Who are you and what are you doing here?" The woman asked. "Who are you!?" I mocked her. "I'm the owners girlfriend, Leanne" She said. Did I hear that right? "Girlfriend? He married to me!" I shouted. "Well. This is new, because he told me, he would give me anything." She began to rub her stomach. "Even a family....Twins." My heart nearly sank to my stomach. She's pregnant, from a married man. Bruno looked at me with his mouth open from the shock. "Okay you can go now." Leanne said to me. I grabbed my suitcase and walked downstairs as Bruno followed behind me. I walked by a photo of Nathaniel and I three years ago at our wedding. I put the photo face down, and placed my ring he gave me in marriage on top. I'm done.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. THANK YOU!