Short Notice

Chapter 24

It was a beautiful morning as I woke up in the bed Bruno and I shared. I expected to turn around and see Bruno sleeping. However, when I woke up, he was not next to me. I sat up, and I called for him. There was no reply. I got out of the bed and stretched out my muscles. I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My hair was messy and I looked a mess.

When I brushed my teeth to perfection, I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail. I walked out of the bathroom and Bruno was standing at the door across the room. I was startled and he began to laugh. "Bruno" I breathed heavily. "You scared me." I put my hand on my chest. Bruno had something behind his back and it made me quite curious. "What's that you got there?" I asked him. He pulled out a box of candy, chocolate to be exact. He handed it to me and I thanked him with a kiss. "Bruno." I smiled. "What is this for? Thank you." He had his head down, and something was wrong.

"Bruno? Are you okay?" I asked. "Uhh, I need to tell you something, and you're not going to like it." Bruno said. His voice was shakey and he wasn't acting himself. He led me to the edge of the bed, and we both sat down. I was nervous as to what he was planning to tell me. "I got a call this morning, from my tour manager, and he got the dates mixed up." Bruno said while holding my hands. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I was told the tour began September fifteenth, but it was scheduled for August fifteenth." Bruno said. I twisted my lip and looked down. "That's in about five weeks." I said. "Well its a North American tour, it won't be as long as the world tour."

My heart sank, that he is leaving so soon. "I just wish I could go with you, but with the baby on the way, and the time change, I cant." "I really wish you could come but, it's just not going to work out." I tried to hold back the tears, but this is what happens, and I saw this coming, just not so soon. "But we have time together now, so we can be together before I leave." I faintly smiled at him. "Yeah, I guess." I gently rested my head on his shoulder. "I guess I can eat these chocolates now." I said with a chuckle in my voice. "I know you'd need it after the news."