Bruno on the Witness Stand

"Me and Mr. Quinn have been married for three long happy years, however, on one fateful day, I was greeted by an old friend of mine, and we socialized for a short amount of time. I came, home to greet my husband, like on a normal day, and he struck me across my face. The second incident was at my job, and he became violent. I was helped by a gentlemen, whom was there at the the moment, and he gave me a place to stay, to stay away for Mr. Quinn." I said to Judge Mayes. "Is this true Mr. Quinn?" "That is partially true your honor. This woman, for seven years we have known each other, but three years in marriage, she told me she was not eligible to have children. However during our marriage, she became pregnant. Loyalty and trust is a big issue in our marriage." He then looked at me. "I do apologize to you sweetheart, and I know you will not forgive me, but I want you to know, that I am deeply sorry." Nathaniel said. "I have nothing else to say." Nathaniel added.

Judge Mayes observed the files on the podium. "Can I have the witness come to the witness stand." Bruno rose from his seat, and walked over to the seat on the left side of the judge. "Mr. Peter Hernandez, please tell us what you saw." Peter? I never knew his real name was Peter.

"Yes your honor. I am currently a member at Hollywood Music Studio Booth. Mrs. Quinn worked at the reception desk, and she has been so kind to me and was very helpful. However, one day I came in, and her lip was swollen. It was very obvious, but she was so embarrassed she tried to hide it. Out of curiosity, I asked, and she told me it was not a big deal. Days later, I was recording some music, and I heard screaming. I walked out, and Mrs.Quinn was being dragged to the door by Mr.Quinn. I did not get physical with him, but we asked him sternly to leave, and he threatned her to come home. After seeing what happened, I couldn't possibly see her go back. So I allowed to stay in my home." Bruno said.

"Were you aware of Mrs.Quinn not being eligible to become pregnant?" "Yes, I was totally aware." "Did you have any sexual relations with Mrs.Quinn during her marriage?" Bruno licked his lips as he became nervous. "Yes, I had sexual relations with Mrs.Quinn when she was married. Nothing was forced, and we did something that was wrong, and we have admitted that what we did was an innapropriate act." Bruno said. "So I am believing you are the father of her child?" "Yes, I am the father."

"Your honor, may I say something?" Nathaniel said. "Go ahead." She replied. "Mr. Hernandez, I stated that trust and loyalty was an issue between Crystal and I. You knew that she was married, but you still believed it was okay to have sex with her? You took my wife from me. I am positive, you were having sex with her during the happiness of our marriage. You are the reason we are are here. You desyroyed our happy marriage, and this is all your fault." Nathaniel said to Bruno.

"Mr.Quinn, your puerile behavior sickens me, as of I had no sexual relations with Crystal before any of the abuse had taken place. I am not the one to break up a beautiful thing we all call marriage. When I met your wife, she was a proud wife. Why would I decide to ruin her happiness? By you taking drugs for non-medicinal purposes shows I, and the people in this court room that you have destroyed this marriage. Mr.Quinn, do you see what position you are in? I did not put you in a orange jumo suit, and put into shackles. You did. I did not take your wife away from you. You let her go. You emotionally put her down, on the lowest level you possibly could. You did not want to see me, a man, to bring her back up. You did not appreciate her pride. You were never married to her, you were married to yourself. All you cared about was you. As for I care a lot for this woman. I LOVE this woman, and I know, that I will treat her better than you have done. Your role is finished here, and I am now beginning. That is it your honor."

"Wow. Okay then." Judge Mayes said. I let a tear run down from my eyes, and my mouth was open. Bruno left the witness stand, and sat back down in the seat he sat in before. "We have come to our conclusion to this case." Judge Mayes said. "Loyalty is trust, and trust is loyalty. Mrs.Crystal Rosales-Quinn, you are now legally known as Crystal Rosales, and you are officially divorced from Nathaniel Quinn. This court is adjourned." Judge Mayes slammed her gavel, and stood up, and exited the court room.

I hugged Matthew, thanking him for everything. I then walked to Bruno, and kissed him, ending with a hug. "Crystal. Crystal!" Nathaniel called. I looked over my shoulder, and Bruno looked at me. "Go ahead champ." I smiled at him, and walked over to him. "Look, I wish you well, and again, I'm devastated it had to come to this. I love you." Nathaniel said. "I softly kissed his cheek, and he put his hand on mine. "I forgive you. I can not live with anger forever. Loyalty is trust, and trust is loyalty. You're mistakes all fall in your hands now. The question is, are you going to give your mistakes to someone else? Like you did to me? Or are you going to learn from it?" I didn't give time for Nathan to answer. I walked away from him and went to Bruno. Bruno brought his hand out to hold my hand. I curled my fingers into his, and we walked out of the court room, happy as can be.