What's Next?

Chapter 8

Bruno helped me put my luggage into the trunk of his car. I sat in the passengers seat, and buckled my seatbelt. My heart, it was burning and aching so bad. Bruno opened the door and sat in the drivers seat. "Are you okay Crystal?" He asked. I have never been so hurt, so humilitated before in my life. I looked at Bruno. "No, I am not okay." I retorted. "He got her pregnant when he knew I couldn't." Bruno put the car in drive, and I looked out of window looking at the house I once shared with someone I loved.

"Wait. So you can't have children?" Bruno asked me. "I was diagnosed with this rare disease where I can't have any. It's just so complicated to explain." This is all just a big slap in the face. "No one should ever go through this. I have never been hurt like this before." I added. "You have to realize and understand that people come and go in your life, but the one that is here to stay is there to make everything better than the way it was before." Bruno said. "Well maybe I should call a hotel or motel and see if they have any open rooms for the week. I don't want to just move in to your home." I said to Bruno. "Don't find this weird." Bruno said. "But I enjoy having you in my home, and personally, I would not want you to leave."

Bruno's words made my heart race. He knows I am hurting, he knows my heart was just broken. "That's kind of you to say, but I am pretty sure people come in and out of your home, and I don't want to be in the way." I said. "Why would you be in the way? Do you think I would be embarrassed to be seen with you?" "Yes." "I don't ever want you to think that." Bruno said. "How about this, we can go out to this fancy dinner. We get to play 'dress up'." Bruno said. I chuckled at his choice of vocabulary. "They have dancing, and probably the best wine I have ever had. This can get your mind off of everything that just happened today. Would you like that?" Bruno asked. "If you don't feel that embarrassed to be seen with me, then I guess we can try." I answered. "Great! Don't worry, we will have so much fun, you won't even remember the negativity from today." I trust what he says, and I hope I can keep his trust.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. THANK YOU!