[8]

Dakota's POV:

"You okay Dakota?" Cassie asked knowing something was wrong. "No. No one knows where my dad is, he's gone missing." I said. "Where is he stationed again?" She asked. "Germany. He went out to search for one of their other soldiers and never came back." I stated. I haven't seen my dad since New Years.

"They'll find him." She said before pulling me into a hug, but it didn't help. My mom said they will find him, but I doubt that.

~ ~ ~

"Sorry hon, but the carnival was moved to August." The lady at the counter said. When we got there, the carnival wasn't there so we asked a store clerk. "It's okay, thank you." Hailey said giving her a fake smile. "We can go on the paddle boards and kayaks?" Sage suggested

"Maybe." Nate said shrugging. We went back to camp and decided to go. "I think we should go find a calm river to go on." I suggested. "That's a great idea." Ryan said.

The guys grabbed the kayaks and paddle boards and us girls grabbed the paddles. "I think there's a river this way." I said pointing to our left.

"Can we go on it?" Ryan asked. "Yeah, no ones ever on it." I said. We headed to the left, away from the town. Then I got a text from my mom.

'They figured out you're father was unarmed, but they still didn't find him.'

'Okay, I miss him.'

'I miss him too, are you having fun?'

'Yes, we are going paddle boarding and kayaking.'

"You ok?" Jacob asked from behind me. "Did you read my texts?" I asked. "Sorry, but you didn't answer my question." He said.

"No, I'm not okay. They haven't found my dad and I'm getting worried." I said. Jacob pulled me into a hug with the one arm of his that was available.

"Well, I hope they find him." He said smiling. I went up to Cassie and told her the news. "No gun?" She asked. "Nope." I said popping the 'p'. 

"He should have, to find that troop." She said frowning. "I know." I said sighing. "They'll find him." She put a hand on my shoulder. But what if he died, what if he was take under hostage by someone? "What if he died?" I asked with a hushed voice. "Don't you dare think like that!" She said loudly. She slapped my arm and I winced.

"I know but, what if he did?" I said as I rubbed my arm. She didn't answer back. "I'm just worried." I said. " I am too, but you shouldn't  think like that!" She said her voice getting louder with each word. "I'll try not to." I said. I didn't want to think about it anymore so I went to talk to Jacob. "Are you excited to go paddle boarding on the river?" I asked.

"Yup." He answered back. "Are you excited for going to Australia in August?" I asked. "Yup, so you invited everyone?" He looked down at me. "Yeah, I wanted to invite everyone because it's a friend vacation." I said.
"Nice."

Once we got there it was calm and no one was there. We put all our kayaks and paddle boards in the water. "I'll paddle." Jacob said smiling. I smiled back and handed him the paddle. I got on the front of the paddle board then he got on and sat down, dangling his legs over the sides. Travis pushed us out and Jacob started paddling, it was a beautiful river. I took a picture of it. "Send that to me." Cassie said. "Okay, I will." I said. I took a Snapchat of everyone and then Jacob took a picture of me.

"I dont want to be on your Snapchat story all the time." I said. "Don't worry, you won't," He said before we all stopped paddling.

"What are we doing?" Hailey shouted from behind everyone. "We're having a snack." Sage shouted back to her. I took out some strawberries and raspberries from the cooler on Cassie's kayak. Jacob took some from me and I gave him a glare. "Sorry, I'm hungry." He said shrugging and took another one.

~ ~ ~

"Where are we?" Georgia shouted. "I dont know, let me check." I shouted back before checking my phone. "We can keep going and then there's a lake at the end of the river." I shouted. Jacob stopped paddling and then he grabbed me and put me between his legs.

"Um," I looked up at him. He just smiled and kept paddling. 

I felt my phone vibrate and I looked at it. From Addison was picture of me and Jacob. "Ugh, Addison."

~ ~ ~

When we got to the lake we swam around for a little bit. Hailey screamed, startling all of us.
"Whats wrong?" Ryan asked stopping what he was doing. "Something touched me!" She complained. "Calm down it's probably just a fish." Ryan told her. "There's fish in here?" She asked pointing to the water. "Yeah." Ryan said as he tried holding back his laugh.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew!" She said as she seam towards the shore.

We all started laughing. She glared at us and then Ryan swam towards the shore and pretended to get taken under water by something. It freaked her out even more.
"Oh my cheeseballs! What happened to Ryan?" She shouted. He came back up and then she screamed.

"I'm going to kill you!" She shouted before coming in the water, and punching him in the chest. "Stop! Stop! I was kidding!" He laughed out. 

"Well you freaked me out!" She shouted before hitting him one last time. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breath. "Their so cute," Georgia said. "We should get going." Cassie said to everyone as she swam to shore. We all went on our kayaks and paddle boards. I sat between Jacobs legs again.

I do not mind.

~ ~ ~

"Hailey please don't take a shower in our cabin." Jacob shouted before she went inside our cabin to take a shower. I saw Dylan whisper something to Jacob but I couldn't hear it. "Ew, your disgusting!" Jacob said loudly. Jacob looked at Dylan and rolled his eyes.
He probably said something about Hailey and how he walked in on her. I went inside and waited to take a shower. 

~ ~ ~
Hope you guys liked it☺️ please

Vote
💬 Comment
💖 Follow

~ Michela💐