[16]

Dakota's POV:

I grabbed my suitcase, carryon, and purse.
"I had such a fun time here. I never want to leave." Hailey said grabbing her things.
"Same, but think about how much fun we'll have in Australia, Aussie-land, Down under." Sage said putting a hand on her shoulder.
"You're right." Hailey said nodding at the idea. We went down to the first floor to wait for the rest.

We waited about 20 minutes for everyone to come down to the lobby. We left Disney World at 9:00, I had a fun time but I can't wait to go to Australia.

~ ~ ~

"What seat do you have?" Cassie asked as she sat down next to me. "13A, what about you?" I asked. She looked at the ticket in her hand and I saw her eyes light up. "13B!" She said excitingly.

"At least you're not going to sit next to a weirdo." She said elbowing me and I chuckled.
"Do you know when the funeral is?" She asked after a couple seconds of silence. I didn't expect her to ask about my Dad. It's a shaky topic to talk about for me.

"It was yesterday." I said fiddling with my boarding ticket. "Oh, did you're mom tell you anything else besides that he died?" She asked.
"No, do you know something I don't?" I asked frowning. She took a deep breath.

"Yes. I'll tell you tomorrow, I don't want you to c-" She was interrupted by the announcement of our flight boarding. I stood up and grabbed my things.

We boarded the plane and I sat down in my seat, next to Cassie. "So what where you going to say?" I asked as I grabbed my earbuds. I looked over at her but she had earbuds in, so she obviously didn't hear me. I looked over next to Cassie and saw Adam. I sat back in my seat and listened to my music.

~ ~ ~

"I'm watching a movie! Hurry up if you want to watch it too!" I shouted down the hallway of our cabin. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV.

The front door swung open to reveal Jacob and the rest of the guys. "Hey." I said as they came in. "Hey girlie." Ryan said in a girl voice as he went into the kitchen. Jacob sat next to me as the others sat on the couch and floor.
"Dakota? I need to tell you something." Cassie said standing next to the couch, fumbling with a piece of her hair.

"Okay," I said before getting up and following her to my room. "What did you want to tell me?" I asked as I sat on my bed next to her.
"You know how I was going to tell you something when we where in the airport?" She said. I nodded. "Well, you're Mom wasn't telling you everything about you're Dad." She said before looking down.

"Okay, so do you know what it is?" I asked.
She took a deep breath and looked up. "Yes, but I can't tell you because your Mom wants to tell you. I'm sorry." She said quickly. She pulled me into a hug but I didn't hug her back, I'm in too much shock to even hear that my mom said that. Then soon after, she left.

What does she know that I don't? Why would my Mom tell Cassandra and not tell her own daughter?

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and went back in the living room. I sat next to Jacob as Travis put in a movie.

~ ~ ~

"Wake up!" I shouted as I ran through the hallway, knocking on every door. Cassie came in from the front door with all of her bags. "Calm down Dakota. We're all awake, you where the one who slept in." She said calmly. "Oh. Sorry." I said as I smiled sheepishly. I went back into my room and grabbed my bags.

I went outside where everyone else was. "I'm so sad to leave." Addison said frowning. "Not me." I said. My friends looked at me shocked. "Well, I mean I will miss this place but I miss my mom and my dog more." I said shrugging.

They turned back to there own conversations and I did the same. "I'm going to miss you!" I said before pulling Georgia into a hug. "No you won't silly, we live in the same town." She giggled. I let go of her. "Oh yeah, I forgot." I said chuckling.

"Also, you can text me." She giggled. After that I said goodbye to our other friends. About 15 minutes passed and I was on a very long bus ride to go home. "I'm so happy I'm going home." I said.

"Me too." Sage said leaning back.I thought about what my Mom would want to tell me the whole way back home.

It wasn't long before I was home. I waved goodbye to everyone on the bus. "Finally!" I said before I ran as fast as I could with my things in hand. I reached the door and knocked on it. My mom opened the door.

"I'm home!" I said smiling. I let go of my suitcase and pulled her into a tight hug. She let go of me and moved aside to let me in. I grabbed my suitcase and walked to the couch. "Go get un-packed. Then I'll make some lunch." My mom said before shooing me away to my room. I put my bags into my room and opened them up.

My phone stated ringing.
I answered the FaceTime call and set it on my bed.

"Hey Cassie." I said while I put away a few clothes. "Just letting you know that Travis is still going to have his annual 4th of July party." She said.

"Okay, why are you telling me this even though I know about it?" I asked. "Because 4th of July is in 2 days. I thought you already knew this." She said through her full mouth. She's probably eating Lays chips, like always. "Oh, sorry." I said. "It's okay but be ready, everyone is going to be there." She said. "What!" Cassie yelled obviously not talking to me.

"Okay coming! Sorry I have to go but see you soon, bye." She said before I even said goodbye. She hung up and I kept unpacking.

"Lunch is ready!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. I ran downstairs and sat at the countertop. "Tuna fish sandwich, you're favorite." She said as she put a plate in front of me with the sandwich on it. "Thanks." I said before I started eating.

"Um, sweetheart, I have to tell you something." She said. I set down my sandwich and looked at her. "Um, you're father was," She said before looking down. "Murdered, not killed by accident."She said. Then she looked up with tears running down her face. I had tears running down my face before anything could process in my head. I knew he died but murdered?

"He was stabbed, 30 times by the troop he was looking for." She said. She wiped her tears away but more came. I was speechless. Tears stinging my cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me this instead of lying to me?" I said wiping away a couple tears and then running my hand through my hair. "I wanted to tell you when you where home, and there wouldn't have been closure at the time. I'm sorry." She said. I pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay," I said through the all the tears. After a a long hug I ran upstairs into my room. I sat down slowly onto my bed, tears coming even more. I heard my phone go off a couple times but I didn't bother, I needed to be alone. 

~ ~ ~
I hope you liked it😊 please

Vote
💬 Comment
💖 Follow

~ Michela💐