[10]

Dakota's POV:

My eyes fluttered open. All of my memories from last night where pushed aside and my happy side came out. It's just like Cassy said, I would be like my self tomorrow. I can't grieve at camp, there's no time. Even though he was my dad, I have to stay happy. That's what he would would want. He would always tell me to be happy, because life's too short to be sad.

I threw the covers off of me and walked out of my room. I headed to the kitchen and I saw Cassie. "Hey, what are you doing up so early?" I asked a as I sat down next to her at the table.
"You know the prank we were talking about?" She asked smirking. "Yeah," I responded slowly. "We did it." She said. "Nice." I said before giving her a high five. "None of them woke up yet." She said. I nodded and then got up to get my self some cereal.

When I finished I heard a loud thud. Well, one of the guys definitely fell. I turned to Cassie and laughed.

"We are going to go into the woods and playing a form of man hunt with water balloons, do you want to come?" Cassie asked after we laughed for about a minute. "Sure."

~ ~ ~

I heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" I yelled. I stopped what I was doing and ran out of my room and to the door. I opened the door and saw Jacob. "Nice prank." He said. I smiled and let him in. "Thanks!" Cassie shouted from the hallway. Me and Jacob sat down on the couch. "Are you alright today?" He asked. "Yup, happy as can be." I responded. "That's great and the camp trip this year is Disneyland. If you haven't heard already." He said.

"Really?" I said almost jumping off the couch.
"Yeah, we're staying there a week, and then we come back here and leave the next day." He said. "Oh my gosh! I can't wait!" I said, a wide smile stretched across my face. I gave him a kiss and pulled him into a hug.

"Are you going to play Cassy's spin off on man hunt?" He asked after I pulled away. "Yeah." I responded. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. He just ran his fingers through my hair. Then he put both his hands on my cheeks. I knew where he was going with all of this, so I grabbed his face, and kissed him. I knew he wanted to be subtle with it. He pulled me closer to him. Then we stopped for a second and we where about to go back to each other but Sage came in.

She saw us but shrugged it off. My arms were still wrapped around his neck. Then as I felt him start to get up, I let go. Once he got up, I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck. Then he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. Then he put his hands under my butt.

He smiled and I smiled back. I chuckled a little and then he set me down. He then leaned over and kissed me.

"Bye." He said. Then he left me sitting there.
"You two are so cute!" Hailey said. "Thanks, but you and Ryan are too."

~ ~ ~

"There are water balloon bins placed everywhere." Cassie said.

"Ready, set, GO!" Cassie yelled as we all ran into the woods. I found a bin and grabbed a balloon. I looked around for people, but I didn't see anyone, so I lowered my arm.
"Shit!" I yelled after I got hit with a water ballon. It stings so bad. I turned around as I held my back.

I saw Travis running away, I guess I can't get him now. I walked a round a little bit cautiously, until I saw Georgia with Nate. Shit, I started running, but I was cut short because I ran into a tree. After being on the ground for a couple seconds, my head started to hurt.

"Dakota, are you okay?" Hailey asked. I stood up and rubbed my head. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said.

"Are you sure, you ran straight into a tree!" Hailey said looking at my head to see if I had a bruise.

"Well, I'm going to walk away now." I said before gabbing the water balloons I dropped. I started walking away, and then started running. I saw another bin, and I ran towards it. Then a saw Jacob. I ran closer and threw a water balloon at him. "Hey! Do you want to-" He stared off but I cut him off by throwing another water balloon. "Be a team?" He said finishing his sentence.

"No." I said chuckling. I started throwing more at him. He just smiled, while I laughed. Then he grabbed some water balloons and threw some at me. Good thing I was wearing my bathing suit because I was getting soaked. He then grabbed a bigger water ballon and raised it up in the air.

"No! Don't throw that!" I said pointing at it.
"Do you want to be a team then?" He said lowering the water balloon a bit.

"Fine." I said before I walked over to him. As we started walking through the woods and he popped a water ballon over my head. "Really?!" I said through my hair that went over my face. I moved my wet hair out of face and glared at Jacob. He laughed and gave me a side hug. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

~ ~ ~

"I'm taking a shower first!" Sage shouted as she ran to the bathroom. I shook my head while I chuckled lightly. I waited for her to go and I went after her. When I came out I looked for Cassie. "When are we going to Disneyland?" I asked. "I think this Sunday night." She answered. Tomorrow is Saturday and then it would be Sunday!

~ ~ ~
I hope you liked it!😊 Please

Vote
💬 Comment
💖 Follow

~ Michela💐