[17]

Dakota's POV:

I turned down the radio and tried to keep my eyes focused on the road. My phone rang and I put it on speaker phone.

"Hey." I said as I stopped at the red light.
"What's wrong?" Jacob's voice rang through my ears. "How could you tell?" I asked sniffling a little. "I can just tell, but seriously what's wrong?" He asked again. "I don't want to talk about it right now." I said.

"Okay, do you want me to come over?" He asked. "No, I'm fine." I said before the light turned green. "Okay, see you soon." He said before hanging up.

"Bye." I said basically to no one. I turned into Starbucks and sniffled a little. Yes, Starbucks at 8:00 at night. I get coffee when I'm sad, it helps. I parked my car and walked in.
I saw someone there that looked very familiar. It's very hard to tell when it's dark out but I walked a little closer.

Jacob?

"Jacob!" I shouted as I ran towards him and hugged him. He was surprised I was here at first but hugged me back. "Are you ok?" He said after letting go of me. "Yeah," I said.
"No you're not, your getting coffee. You're sad." He said knowing me too well. "Okay, I'm not fine." I said.

"I know your not, so let's go get you some coffee." He said before we headed inside.
I ordered a caramel mocha frappe and waited.
"So, do you want to talk about what happened?" He asked. I thought about it.
"Sure. My dad was murdered, okay good, now you know." I said quickly and quietly.
He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. "It's okay, I just need to be alone." I said. He nodded as I grabbed my frappe.

We walked out with complete silence.
"Bye, see you soon. Don't die on the road." I joked as we stopped in the middle of the parking lot. "And you better not die crying." He joked. He gently put his hands on my face and kissed me. I kissed him back but it only lasted a couple seconds.

"So romantic." I joked as I started towards my car. "I know." He said before running up behind me and slapping my butt. "Thanks, I definitely needed that." I joked as I continued to walk away.

"Any time." He shouted over his shoulder.
I got in my black Jeep and drove home feeling a little better. 

Coffee is better then therapy.

"Mom, I'm home." I said before sliding off my flip flops as my dog ran towards me
"I missed you too buddy." I said as I pet him. "I got Duke back from you're grandma when you went to Starbucks." My mom said. "Good, because I missed him so much." I bent down to give him a hug, even though he hates it. "Are you okay sweetheart?" She asked walking a little closer. I nodded. "Good, so tell me all about you're trip." She said. I stood back up and brushed some dog hairs off. I walked over to the couch and sat down.

I told her about the trip and how Jacob was my boyfriend. "That's amazing. I knew you two would end up together someday." She said smiling. I started to get up so I could go to bed but my mom put a hand on my arm.

"I forgot to give you something." She said. I sat back down as my mom handed me a black velvet box. "What is it?" I asked as I moved the box around in my hands. "It's, um, from your father. It was for you're birthday but I wanted to give it to you now." She said.

"No, it's ok, just give it to me for my birthday. I can wait." I said holding it out to her. "No, I want you to open it now." She said. I looked at the box and slowly opened it.

Inside the box was a heart locket necklace. I took it out of the box and gently opened it. Inside was a picture of me and my Dad during New Years, the last time I saw him. I closed it before I started crying. I noticed there was a small piece of paper in the box, so I took out the piece of paper and unfolded it.

Where ever I am, we are both looking up at the same night sky.
~ Dad

I put the necklace and the note back in the box.
I started crying, I tried not to but the tears still came. I put the box on the couch and reached for my frappe and took a sip. "Are you okay sweetheart?" My mom asked. I quickly nodded.
"Thank you." I said before I set down my frappe and gave her a hug. I grabbed my frappe, phone, and the black box and went to my room.

I set down my frappe and phone. I opened the box and put on the necklace. I sat in front of the mirror admiring the necklace. Then I walked over to my desk and opened a drawer. I took out a pile of pictures and started looking through them.

There where some of me and Cassie when we where younger. Some were of me and my other friends.

There pictures from Christmas, Halloween, New Years, Easter, and 4th of July. There was one more in the back of the drawer, so I reached for it and pulled it out. It was a picture of my Dad and me from my 10th Birthday.
I looked in the background of the picture and saw 10 year old Cassie.

I heard a knock on my door and quickly put away the pictures. "Come in." I said. My mom came in and sat on my bed. "Next Monday you're cousin is coming here and she wants to go to Water Safari. Do you want to go?" She asked.

"Sure, I haven't been there in forever." I said slightly chuckling. "Okay," She said smiling. She stood up but then I quickly told her about Travis' party, then she left.

~ ~ ~

"Make sure to clean up after the party." Mrs. Longsdail said before leaving. "Okay, let's get decorating." Travis said clapping his hands together.

"Cassie and Dakota do the food and the rest of us do the decorating." He said before we all went off in different directions. "Cassie, I'll order the pizza once people get here so it doesn't get cold." I said as I poured a bag of Doritos into a bowl."Okay." She said as she put out the rest of the chips and drinks.

An hour passed and no one came. Like usual
"Travis, I really don't understand why you invite people to come but they never show up." Ryan said shoving a bunch of chips in his mouth.

"Ryan's right, you do this every year and the same thing happens every year." Sage said.
"Whatever, I don't need those people anyways, I have you guys." He smiled. "Awe," Addison said. She went over to him and hugged him. Soon after, we all joined in.

"Did you come up with that or did your mom?"I asked after I stepped away from the big hug just as everyone else did. "Haha. I did." He said. I rolled my eyes and pushed him in the pool.

~ ~ ~
Hope you liked it😊please

Vote
💬 Comment
💖 Follow

~ Michela💐