6.) It wasn't real

"Was it hard?" I ask.
Letting go?"

Not as hard as holding on to something that wasn't real."---- Lisa Schroeder

Nobody's POV

Was it hard? Minho asked.

Letting go?"

"Not as hard as holding on to something that wasn't real." Thomas said.

That painful truth left Minho quiet. Thomas took his silence as an invitation to go on.

"He was something unattainable, but despite knowing that you wanted to figure him out. That's how he allured me in.

Newt was someone I didn't only want, but needed. He was the only one ever to make me feel like this. Like I'm coming together but being teared apart at the same time, you know? To me his was the definition of perfect. His smile, laugh, the way he would hold me left me craving for more like I wanted to drown in him. I loved him and I thought he loved me, but the cold truth was revealed.

He was only using me to get close to our operation at WICKED. He was manipulating me. I couldn't believe I was being tricked by an undercover spy. The way he looked at me when everything was revealed will always haunt me. The coldness, the emptiness in his eyes that once held love in them is what tore me apart. That's what killed me inside.

I'll give in to him, he is a brilliant actor. He made me believe that he was in love with me. He made me think i could find happiness in such a dark place.

That was my fault. My fault for falling for someone who looked like an angel but was as conniving as the devil. " Thomas said.

"Where is he now? They didn't succeed in getting information, I know that." Minho said curious.

"He got away. Everybody else undercover from his group was captured, but he was always clever. He disappeared without a trace."

"And you...?" Minho said cautiously but Thomas caught him off already knowing what he was about to ask.

"Was left to pick up the pieces" Thomas said sighing before taking a deep breath.

"Let me tell you something, letting him go was the easier part.

Realizing what you had wasn't real, being manipulated, believing in someone who was most likely a fake version of themselves and falling in love with them is what kills you."

Thank you for reading this! I'm sorry if it's sad but I had to do it! I'm kind of in a writer's block so if anybody has a song or a quote they want me to write a newtmas oneshot based off, please comment below. I hope you enjoyed!