13.) Running Away

I had this idea and I wanted to get it out of my system before my next Soulmate AU.  So bring on the tissues just in case for this oneshot. I dedicate this to Hope-and-Believe because she always puts the sweetest comments! X

4  different times where they should've done something instead of running away.

 Running Away

Maybe they shouldn't have drank Gally's secret recipe.

Maybe they shouldn't be having these kind of thoughts especially since it's Thomas's first night in the Glade and horrible things will start happening soon but neither of them can help it.

Newt is hypnotized by the wide eye, curious boy who has the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen. He's been captivated since this beautiful boy was brought up by the box but he won't ever admit that aloud and if he did, he would blame it on the alcohol.

Thomas is bewitched by the slightly older boy who looks like an angel with the fire light illuminating his features. He's curious about a lot of things but in this moment he's most curious about the boy with the oh so kissable lips. He's fascinated by him and wants to know more. He won't admit that he was mesmerized since he first met this boy. He just won't.

They both won't admit that under their hazed alcohol induced state they wanted that kiss more than anything.

Newt won't admit that he ran away after because he was scared and confused.

Thomas won't admit that he was hurt watching the other boy run away leaving him confused and in pain.

They don't. They won't. They'll blame it all on the alcohol, never talking about the kiss. The next day they pretend nothing happen because it's better to run away.

Denying

Now Newt has never been the one to feel this type of emotion. It's new and he hates it. Every time he sees them standing close he just gets this feeling in his stomach. Every time he sees her touch Thomas's arm too long he has to pretend he doesn't want to chop off her hand. He pretends that he doesn't know what this emotion is, he thinks it's better if he denies it. He will deny that it hurts seeing Thomas willingly accept her flirting.

Thomas wants to go over there and take that pain look off of Newt's face.  He wants to walk over there and just give him a hug but Teresa is talking to him and he doesn't want to cut her off right now and be rude. He doesn't notice her flirting because he thinks she's just being friendly, but what he does notice is the runner Jake standing too close to Newt talking to him. He'll deny that he's jealous and  wanting to punch the guy.

They'll both deny that they always think about the kiss and how perfect it felt. They'll deny that maybe they should talk about the kiss.

They'll deny, deny, deny, and deny because it makes running away easier.

Pretending

Newt doesn't know how it's possible but it is. He remembers his past. The Flare that's eating away inside him somehow brought back his memories. It's shucked up, isn't it? He finally get his memories back but the disease that returned them is retaking them. He remembers everything especially Thomas. He now knows why he was so attached to Thomas, they were lovers, boyfriends. That's why he trusts Thomas so much with killing him. He loves him and he wants Thomas to be the one to do it before he becomes a monster. He wants no he needs Thomas to be the one to pull the trigger. Of course he doesn't tell Thomas about the memories, it hurts and there was never a good time to tell him. He'll pretend that it's better to not tell Thomas about he new discovered memories that he's already losing. He'll pretend that it didn't hurt looking at Thomas and knowing he doesn't remember them.

Thomas wishes this wasn't possible but it is. Back in the Glade when he stabbed himself with the Griever serum he got some of his memories back. He got his memories of Newt back before all of this. He didn't want to tell Newt because he knew it wasn't the right time to, it was never the right time to. He remembers the love, the beginning of it all and know he will know the end of it because this is it. It's the end and he would do anything for the one he loves even if it tears him apart. He loves Newt and whatever he wants, he will give. 

He pretended for awhile now but he can't pretend anymore.

He can't pretend that the "I love you" Newt told him before he pulled the trigger didn't make his whole body feel like it was being pulled apart and set on fire.

He can't pretend that he didn't hold Newt's dead body, yelled and sobbed "I love you too", "I'm Sorry", and "Please Come Back".

He can't pretend and run away anymore.

Acceptance

Thomas finally made it to Paradise but it's not the same. He isn't the same. He died inside when Newt died. The only reason he keeps on going is because he knows Newt would want him too and he can't leave Minho behind. Minho is his best friend, his brother and he knows he can't leave him like how the others have. He has to stay and help rebuild civilization but it would make everything more better if Newt was with him.

Now when Thomas looks back he feels acceptance.  He accepts that he should've done something. He accepts that running away was never the answer but that doesn't mean he still doesn't wish. He wishes that he told Newt something, anything.  He wishes he would've stop all the denying ,pretending, and running away.  He's still in pain, he will always be in pain and will always have to fight his demons that him met on his journey to Paradise.

But he knows something now he can't run away because there's nothing to run away from anymore.

There's no point in it, there never was.

Yayyy!! Another update! I'm sorry if this wasn't good, I just wanted to get this out of the way. Anyways, Please Comment/Vote!