25.) I Wanted It To Be You (But I'm an Idiot)

So who loves Prom, some angst with a happy ending oneshot? Because if you do then here ya go! Dedicated to CelaenaDuchannes because she is so sweet!

It's Prom season and THE track star jock Thomas is pumping himself up to ask his crush to Prom.

His best friends Minho and Teresa have finally pushed him to ask Newt to prom. Newt with his fluffy blonde hair and deep dark eyes that always makes Thomas get lost in when they make eye contact. The eye contact is never that long because Thomas always breaks it when he looks away to blush.

He knows Newt since Freshman year when Thomas needed a tutor for English and Newt being the top student in academics became his tutor. Ever since then they came in contact that year they became acquaintances, either smiling or waving at each other throughout the years. Newt was also good friends with Minho so occasionally they would hang out with each other but both too shy to push for more.

But not today. Today Thomas is going to walk up to the beautiful blonde and ask him to Senior Prom.

"What are you waiting for Shank go ask him. He's right there at his locker with Alby just waiting to be swept off his feet by you." Minho says smirking while nudging Thomas in the arm. Thomas rolls his eyes but blushing at his best friend. Minho is obsessed with them, he's been saying since Freshman year that he "ships" them together.

"I am. But What if he says no? I'm gonna look like a complete fool!! Thomas said nervously biting his lip. He's scared that Newt will decline and laugh in his face even though he knows Newt wouldn't do that. He would politely decline and smile that sweet smile that always makes Thomas's heart jump.

"He won't. I know for a fact he will say yes Tommy." Minho smirks knowingly while using Newt's special nickname for Thomas.

Thomas hopes Minho is right. Minho pats him and pushes towards Newt. Thomas takes a deep breath as he walks toward his locker but when he gets close enough to hear Alby and Newt's conversation, everything stops.

"Sure I'll go to Prom with you Alby." Newt says smiling so sweetly and Thomas's heart feels like it's crushing itself in his chest. He turns back around before Newt could see him. He knows he can't pretend to be cheerful if Newt tries to say hi. Thomas walks right back to Minho who is confused on why Thomas is coming back.

Minho is about to open his mouth to speak but Thomas stops him , already knowing what he is going to ask.

"He's going with Alby to prom" responds Thomas quietly and it hurts Minho because Thomas looks like the definition of someone who just got their heart stomped.

"What?!? Awe shuck. I'm sorry Thomas. You're a way better choice then Alby" Minho says in shock but also upset because Thomas looks like a kicked puppy.

Thomas knows that's not true. Alby is actually a good guy. He wishes he wasn't because then he could hate Alby but he knows Alby is a great choice for Newt.

"I got to go man. I have history next with Mrs. Paige and you know how she gets if your late to her class." Thomas says trying to joke and smile but Minho knows he's pretending to be fine.

As Thomas walks away with his head down, Minho knows he's gonna fix this and make his best friend happy.
He waits until Alby leaves so he can walk up to Newt.

"You know I'm surprised you agreed to Alby. Thought you liked a special Tommy but guess not." Minho voices as Newt jumps, scared from the unexpected voice.