First Heartbreak

Okay if you couldn't tell this will be angst. I've been actually thinking of a new idea for one and recently I talked about crushes and with a friend of mine and how a lot of times that person will not like you back. This has 21 year old Newt and 17 year old Thomas! Please enjoy!

His eyes filled with fear, he can't take back the words he said.
It's too late he's already spoken them.

Thomas wished Newt would say something, say anything back at his confession and stop looking so in shock. Newt isn't oblivious and Thomas's crush was pretty obvious.

He fell for him 2 years ago. Newt was this older, mysterious beautiful boy whose only language was sarcasm. And he's still like that but Thomas knows him better now. He knows why he has that limp and why some nights he can't go to sleep. On those nights Thomas stays up with him and they talk about everything and anything until he falls asleep.

He knows it's more than a crush but he didn't want to scare him more that's why he settled for "I like you" instead of the "I love you" that's on the tip of his tongue.

"Thomas. . I'm sorry but I don't feel the same. I'm sorry. I think I should go." Is all that Newt said before he walked out the door and Thomas knows he changed their friendship for good because he used Thomas instead of "Tommy".

It hurts. His body feels like it's been torn apart and set on fire. He doesn't even realize he fell to the floor until his sister comes in and just holds him while they're on the ground. She doesn't try to say anything because she knows it won't help. Words don't heal a broken heart.

Thomas doesn't blame Newt for not liking or even loving him back. Thomas was the one to blur the lines of friendship and love not Newt. He knows Newt will find a girl or guy someday and be happy and Thomas wished that he was going to be the one to make him happy. Maybe because he's still a teenager and Newt is already an adult and he needs to be with another adult and not Thomas. He's not mature enough to be with him.

This thoughts just hurt him more. Thomas thought he prepared himself for this but the truth is you can never prepare yourself for heartbreak. He hopes someday he can look at Newt again without his heart hurting and yearning for him.

But for right now he will cry, get angry, delete every evidence of Newt being in his life, and then cry some more because everything feels like hell and first heartbreaks are the hardest.

This is his first hearbreak and he knows that if he ever gets his heart broken again it won't hurt the same like the first.

Newt will always be his hardest heartbreak and no one else will be able to take the title of being his first heartbreak.

I hoped you guys enjoyed!! Please Comment/Vote xox