she's back

"You have an appointment at 9 with a Dr. Turner, about the cardio opening" Owen's assistant, Kate said. 

He looked at his watch, "That's in 20 minutes, why wasn't I aware of this?" he sighed.
"I'm sorry, she called this morning" Kate responded. 

"It's fine, just send her up when she gets here." he said. Kate nodded, and left the room. Owen sat down, and looked at the picture of him and Amy that sat on his desk, he did paperwork for a while until he heard a knock. 

"Come in" he yelled through the door. He heard the door open, and he finished up one more page of work. "You must be Dr. Tur-" he stopped in shock, "Cristina? What are you doing here..."
"I'm here about the cardio opening" she offered a smile, "I'm uh, I'm Dr. Turner... I got remarried..." She nervously twisted her wedding ring. 

Owen looked at her, she hadn't aged a day. Her hair was still a deep black, and her eyes still sparkled. "I uh I knew that, Meredith told me, it must've slipped my mind. What about Zurich?" he asked.

"My husband was offered the chief of staff position at Seattle Presbyterian, so I'm back."

He smiled a little thinking of having her back here, but then caught a glimpse of the picture of Amy on his desk. He nodded, "well, the position's yours if you want it." 

"Really?" she asked with a smile. He nodded. "Thank you. When do you want me to start?" 

"Whenever you'd like."

"I'll be in tomorrow morning." She thanked him again, and left with a handshake, which felt wrong but she ignored the feeling. She walked down the stairs to the lobby where she saw Cole, talking to the one and only Dr. Bailey. 

Cristina walked up next to them, and Cole took both her hands, "how'd it go?" he smiled.
"Yang!" Bailey said with a smile, "What are you doing here?" 

"I got the job," Cristina smiled, and turned to Bailey, "It's Turner now" she smiled and looked at Cole. 

Bailey took her hand to look at the ring, "Very nice," She turned to Cole, "You're a very lucky man." 

"I know" he kissed Cristina's cheek, and wrapped an arm around her waist. 

Bailey heard her pager go off, "It was nice meeting you, Dr. Turner," she looked at Cristina with a smile, "Glad you're back, Cristina" then she ran to her patient. 

"I'll miss seeing your beautiful face at work everyday, but I'm happy you got the job." He kissed her, and she smiles. 

Owen turned and saw them in the lobby, some part of him wished that was him, but the other knew he had Amy. He heard a knock on the door, and then it slowly opened, he turned to see Amy walking in. "Hey you" he smiled. 

"What's Yang doing back here?" she asked with a smile, and sat down on his lap. 

"It's Turner now," he smiled, and kissed her cheek, "She's the new cardio attending." 

"Oh?" she said, feeling a little nervous. 

He nods, and kisses her cheek again, "Have you had breakfast?" he smiles. She shook her head no, "good, I'll buy" he smiled. They walked out of his office and he looked back at Cristina one last time.