i'll wait

Cristina walked through the halls looking for an open on call room to sit in. She finally found on and slipped inside, locking the door behind her. She fell onto the bed and let out a huge sigh. I am in so far over my head here. She thought, how could I possibly feel so torn between two men. Why is there no clear solution? She closed her eyes and thought back to how easy her life was in Zurich, and how happy she was with Cole. She thought about the night he proposed, the first case they worked together, their wedding at the courthouse with Alex as witness, when they moved in together, the day they bought their house. She was completely at peace until she remembered the first time he saw her office. 

"And that is why I don't trust anyone else to do my eyebrows," Cristina laughed as she entered her office, and finished telling Cole about the disaster that was her wedding day to Burke. 

"You without eyebrows?" He laughed and swung their interlocked hands as he walked,  "that is a sight I'd love to see."

She shook her head and grabbed the papers she needed off her desk, and looked back up at Cole. His facial expression had changed from one of happiness to confusion, and he had let go of her hand. "Is everything okay?"

"You're not married are you-" he stopped. "I'm not trying to- I don't want to be rude, but there's a wedding picture on your desk, and I'm sure you have a really great explanation for that but we've only been dating for a little, and if you're married-" He stopped again. "If you're married I need to know now because I really like you, but I can't-"

"I'm not married." She cut him off, "I was, but that was years ago."

"And you still have the picture up in your office?"

"It's a long story, and it's not even close to as entertaining as the one about the eyebrows." She offered him a smile and grabbed the picture of her and Owen, "I've been meaning to take this down anyway." She walked around her desk and put it in one of the bottom drawers. 

"Cris, I don't want to-"

"It's really nothing, Cole. We tried being friends, but I haven't even spoken to him in months now. It was silly of me to have put it up in the first place. Alex told me not to."

"Alright," he nodded, "but if you need more time..." He paused to gather his thoughts. "If you need time to process this, I'll wait for you. You don't have to take that down for me if you're not ready."

Cristina smiled at him, "I'm ready." 

She opened her eyes and felt warm all over her body. She couldn't help but feel warm, and safe when she thought about how Cole loved her. 

She heard a someone turn the door handle, and a faint sigh from outside the door as they discovered it was locked. "I was just leaving," she yelled and she unlocked the door. She opened the door and was met immediately by Owen's eyes.

"Here," she said grabbing her phone off the mattress, "I was on the way out anyway."

He stepped inside, and pulled the door behind him, "Kiss me."

"Owen, what?"

"Kiss me, just one more time. A last kiss."

"You just told me you didn't even want to speak to me." She bit her lip again in frustration, she wanted so badly to just kiss him but she knew it was wrong. "I can't play these games anymore., Owen."

"I'm going to win you back," he said looking directly into her eyes. "I can't exist without you, I don't feel whole."

"Owen-"

"No, Cristina. Cole is a great guy and it's not my goal to bring him any harm, but you know in your heart that it's me. It will always be me, I can't feel this strongly about you and it only be one sided." 

"I don't know what to say, Owen."

"Don't say anything," he took a deep breathe. "I'll wait however long it takes, when you decide you're ready I'll be here."

"I-" she stood in front of him and felt electricity surge through her entire body. Before she could even realize what he was doing, his hand was on her face and his lips met hers. She couldn't pull away, her whole body was captivated by him. She rested a hand gently on the back of his neck,  and kissed him back.

After what felt like forever, but also only a second ended. She looked up at Owen and before he could say anything she dashed out of the on call room.